WHILE STILL A WITNESS, DID YOU POSTPONE YOUR LIFE UNTIL THE NEW ORDER?

by nvrgnbk 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

During my teens I neglected my school work. My mind set was that exam results would be of no significance in Paradise.

When I left the Borg I had plenty of catching up to do, but I did it, in spite of like you say, a postponement.

• Mary
    Mary
    WHILE STILL A WITNESS, DID YOU POSTPONE YOUR LIFE UNTIL THE NEW ORDER?

Does a snake crawl on it's belly? Of course I did. What was the point of making something of your life in this wicked old System of Things when the New System was soooooo close at hand. That's why I'm going for my Bachelors Degree now------something I should have done 20 frigging years ago.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Damn it people! I started this thread to get some therapy, but as I read your responses, I'm getting more pissed off by the second. I feel our mutual pain, and I love all of you. I'm glad I found this place.

Nvrvrvrvrvrvrgnbk

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes.

In little ways, I wouldn't go out and enjoy myself on the weekends as I didn't want to be too tired to go to the meeting or on the min.

Also in bigger ways, I pioneered, instead of concentrating on my health problems and dealing with them more proactively, coz of course everything will be ok in the new system and in the meantime you don't wanna be found bloodguilty now do you.

You've certainly put all that behind you now though havent you dear! Who's buying the celebratory frappachinos ? Also loved that you put some depth into your answer - I likes it when you express yourself honey! Fokyc - i wish you could establish some you time. After all you are the head of the household - you can make rules that she must respect. I dont suggest you make her stop doing what she is donig, but you can take more of a backseat than you are and make up for some lost time I hope! My answer is that I didnt know there was any alternative until I woke up at about 16 and realised actually two years in satan's world would be much more fun and fulfilling than an eternity in god's system. I still think so now.

• Francophile
    Francophile

I dropped out of college at my Bible Study teacher's ever-so-subtle shame-speeches that college was selfish and indicative of faithlessness in the New System.

I was actually told that a construction job was the Witness-way for men, because the skills would be needed in the NS, and Jesus was a carpenter, and, well...it was just manlier ya' know in the gender stereotyped world of the WTS.

After I got baptized, I immersed myself in Witness World like many, here. I worked jobs just to get by and waited for Armageddon...

... ... ...

When I got out, I quickly got back on the horse, finished my Bachelor's, got a Masters.

• poppers
    poppers

Nice lyrics Trevor. Maybe Terry can compose music for it. What say you, Terry?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for the responses!

Nvr

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

ABSOLUTELY! Like IP-SEC everything except accounts and DC parts. Actually I was in a drama in 1980 and asked by the C.O. if I could "handle" the oversight of a drama in 1994. I declined because there was too much on my plate. Aside from that I put off saving for retirement and I remember smugly disregarding the advice of some retirement-planning people that visited me probably in the 80's.

Skeptic1914

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I remember smugly disregarding the advice of some retirement-planning people that visited me probably in the 80's.

That's gotta sting skeptic1914! Thanks for sharing.

Nvr

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Anyone who is a JW postpones their lives...

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit