Your favorite female artists?

by restrangled 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    hey nvr...I've just been shy and coming out of my shell a wee bit now....wait till I get to the annoying stage...whadya mean I am there already!!!....grrrr....muhahaha

Know what you mean ninja! I'm shy too.

Nvr

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One of my most favorite artists in music is Margaret Rizza, I am not to sure if you are familiar with her, but she sings hymns and prayers. She has a wonderful voice.

I also enjoy listening to Bette Midler.

orangefatcat. loves music

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Hi leolaia! What can you, or anyone for that matter tell us about her? I hear she's the next big thing in the Indie world.

That's great news. I've listened to her for many years, both from her great work in Broken Social Scene and in her solo work. Her voice has the delicacy and smoothness of Astrud Gilberto, nicely melodious and crisp, whereas when she belts things out it sounds almost like a falsetto (in a good way)... She has a debut solo album from the late '90s called Monarch that is very hard to find, but which has some of my favorite tracks (especially "Still True" and "It's Cool to Love Your Family"). It was Broken Social Scene's second album You Forgot It In People that was the big breakthrough....listen to her in "Almost Crimes", and her album "Let it Die" was a big success..."Mushaboom" is the signature track, also check out "Let It Die" and "Secret Heart". In the follow up album from Broken Social Scene, she is best heard in "7/4 (Shoreline)", and she now has a new solo album out (with a new video playing on MTV2 when they play indie music).

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Feist

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks Leolaia! I saw the Mushaboom vid on the youtube.

She was just featured in the Sunday New York Times.

Nvr

• Twitch
    Twitch

Sade

Sarah McLachlan

Sheryl Crow

Beth Gibbons - Portishead

The various singers involved in Delerium - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delerium

others which don't come to mind immediately,...:-)

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many great female artists! One more is Dusty Springfield from the 60's singing in the latest Diamond Commercial.

I hate the diamond companies but the song is beautiful. "Where are You Going for the Rest of Your Life?"

r.

• Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit