Your favorite female artists?

by restrangled 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• prophecor
    prophecor

Phyllis Hyman, gets top billing with me. Next, Chaka Khan, Patti La Belle, Stephanie Mills, ( I Just Wanna' Say ) Remeber that one, Ms M?

Natalie Cole, Regina Belle, Randy Crawford, Toni Braxton, Anita Baker, Whitney Houston, Tamia, Cherelle, Janet Jackson.

Angela Bofill, The Jones Girls, Teena Marie, Lisa Stansfield, Meli'sa Morgan ( Do You Still Love Me? ) I could go on but................

• restrangled
    restrangled

Prohecor,

Some of my all time favorites in your list! And congrats, I think you are the first guy to post your favorite girls!

r.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I LOVE Alison Krauss, Annie Lennox, Tori Amos, Barbra Streisand, Joni Mitchell, Sarah McLachlan, and a bunch of other ones I can't think of right now...

brunn

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Deniece Williams and Johnny Mathis - Too Much Too Little Too Late http://youtube.com/watch?v=IM39yIKoSo4

Neicy could sing in a very high key.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ms M. ...Denice Williams had the first love song for me and my husband.....it was before we started dating......do you remember the song "Free"? It use to give me chills. (We use to play it over and over!)

You talk about high notes!!!!

r.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Proph, I use to have ALL of Stephanie Mills albums. People would borrow my music and never bring it back! I'll probably remember the song if I heard it. I love Angela Bofill - I Try! Did you hear that she had a stroke or something? I still have her LP around here somewhere. Of course, I got it on CD now.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    ......do you remember the song "Free"? It use to give me chills. (We use to play it over and over!)

I was just playing it Restrangled!

• prophecor
    prophecor
    think you are the first guy to post your favorite girls!

You mean no other guys were willing to admit they had female artist that they loved? Which has brought me to a possible new topic for discussion. Why can women listen to men who swoon them with song, but men are regarded as slightly less than manly, if they have a bunch of females in thier repertoire of music? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

1. Lyn Collins

2. Chaka Khan

3. Carole King

4. Sharon Jones

5. Janet Jackson

Edit: That makes me man #2 to list my favorite female singers. In fact, I'm listening to Ms. Lyn Collins, "The Female Preacher," right now.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    but men are regarded as slightly less than manly, if they have a bunch of females in thier repertoire of music? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Men that have a lot of women singers in there music collection know how to get a woman cozy! (I didn't say that!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit