WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS COULD OBJECT TO THIS.................JWS THATS WHO

by vitty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

My non JW aunt has died and attending the funeral will be many non witness family and friends and also JW family. They have caused a lot of hurt these past couple of years and they have given a really "bad witness" (im really glad). They are so pious, because they "make a stand " at every oppurtunity they can and act like spirtual polise this really pisses my non JW family off, but they put up with it.

Well my aunt wanted "morning has broken" sung at the funeral and yes youve guessed it they have already said that they will not join in cos its a hymn. Im so annoyed that this lovely little song can be demonized by the borg, so that my aunty will be infact be snubbed at her own funeral.

I dont blame them individually because they are caught up in what they think is right, but its just not !!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sad isn't it?

My condolences to you and yours.

Stealth

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Vitty

I am so sorry. Really I am. A funeral is the hardest thing ever to orchestrate.

This is not a time for people to take stands on what is right and wrong

only remember the person and their wishes

and mourn the loss of a loved on.

purps

• Zico
    Zico

Vitty, Sorry to hear about your Aunt, I'm sure if any of your non-JW family were members of evil Christendom, they would never refuse to go to the funeral of a JW relative if it was at a Kingdom Hall, and played Kingdom melodies. As if a song should really be a big deal.

• vitty
    vitty

To be honest I dont know why they go to these events.............they dont take part and they leave everyone annoyed. They really arent wanted there but they are family and the non JW family dont want to cause a fuss, so they just get away with whatever they want to say and do. They make really unfeeling, uncaring comments...............I dont have to say we all know the kind of thing.................I try and smooth things over by saying they dont really mean it................but ive decide no to do it anymore, and if they fall out so be it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((Vitty))))

I am so sorry for your loss

As for your jw relatives, let them do as they will. Ratehr than "making a stand" by not singing your aunt's chosen hymn, they will make themselves look ignorant, spiteful, arrogant dogmatic and foolish. I hope the non jws take note of their behaviour, and remember it next time jws call on them.

Linda

• DJK
    DJK

My condolences to you and your family.

• blondie
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Why did they have to tell you? They could have abstained on the day and maybe no-one would have been the wiser. But no, they had to make a spectacle of their own non-participation.

JW's in my (extended) family similarly have behaved badly. If they were put in charge of the funeral, it was JW all the way. At the non-denominational event, they made a point of "separating" themselves at the gravesite and made their own goodbyes. After all, where else can a JW set up an opportunity for a little persecution these days?

Bah.

Funerals are NOT the place to make a "point". They are to remember and memorialize the individual who has passed on.

• poppers
    poppers

They will take advantage of any chance to bring out their differences because it's what gives them their identity, and that's what is most important to them. In their minds everyone must see that they are different - spirtual pride trumps remembrances of someone else's life at that person's funeral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit