My upcoming UN-Dedication Ceremony

by OnTheWayOut 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1. Collect some items that most represented you as a JW. ......Your blood card/suicide pact document...... a dub ID badge,...... the
    main book you studied that hooked you into this monumental waste of life...... the Elder Book

This is a good idea. I can dig out the last ID badge. I don't have the elder book anymore, but the "Live Forever" book
    was my study book. I like that idea. The blood card, that's awesome.

• Open mind
    Open mind

BTTT. Just wanted to show my support and appreciation for you OTWO. You're a concise, wise, yet prolific poster.

Open Mind

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I believe a full pyrotechnic display is in order- find that safe place for a fire. Tape a bunch of WT's into the shape of a building [a real house of cards], and put the torch to it.

I would suggest finding one of those Statue of Liberty candleobra[sp] or lighter to use as the instrument. Liberty being the key metaphor here.

Jeff

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Why don't you make libation by pouring a beer over the GardTower magazine to end your private ceremony?

Then enjoy one for yourself.

V

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just finished my ceremony. The rest area had grills, so after dropping my wife at
    the prison Assembly Hall, and checking out of the hotel, I went to have my ceremony.
    You all should try this, as it is very releasing.

The grill was full of wet leaves. I left them as I didn't want to start a wild fire. I just cleared the
    center area and shredded a "Live Forever" book, a Watchtower, Awake, "Keep On the Watch"
    brochure, and several DC invites. It was quite a pile of shreds.

I said out loud (nobody in earshot anyway) "It was 20 years ago this very month of April that
    my life got sidetracked. I reached out to God for help, but a mind-contol cult snuck in and
    took over. They led me to their altar and told me to dedicate myself to their organization.
    They left out some information, so today I officially undedicate myself to the Watchtower
    Organization."

"Right now, this very minute, my wife is attending a baptism talk at the local assembly hall.
    The new recruits will undergo the same agony I went through for many years. It is fitting that
    I choose this time to undedicate."

I had quite a problem lighting the fire, as the leaves were damp and the wind was bad, but I didn't
    give up. Soon I had a large flame in the grill. That seemed appropriate. It's been hard to break
    free from the WTS, but once I started on the way out, there was no stopping me, and I reached
    the point of blazing mad, now hoping the flames will die down, so I can just move on.

As I stirred the paper with a stick, I said "Just as WT left out important information, I no longer
    concern myself with the information I supply them. I am free to use deceptive methods to avoid
    their witch hunts or withhold information. Since I was not fully informed about disfellowshipping
    and false prophecies, my baptism was invalid. By my undedication, I renounce it."

After insuring the flames were completely out after the papers all burned, I left. As I turned the
    key in the car, here is the song that was playing-

The Clash "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?"

Skip first stanza, go right to chorus-

Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

This indecisions bugging me
    If you dont want me, set me free
    Exactly whom Im supposed to be
    Dont you know which clothes even fit me?
    Come on and let me know
    Should I cool it or should I blow?

If I go there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So you gotta let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?

I know the answer- I should go now. There will be trouble, but it won't be double because I didn't stay.
    A JW at an assembly could use this coincidental song as proof that God was leading him. I said that
    I will never allow myself to believe such a thing again. Weird coincidence happens. It ain't proof of nothing.
    The next song was AC/DC
    "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)"We roll tonight to the guitar bite

Stand up and be counted for what you are about to receive
    We are the dealers
    We'll give you everything you need
    Hail hail to the good times
    Cos rock has got the right of way
    We ain't no legends ain't no cause
    We're just livin' for today
    For those about to rock, we salute you

We rock at dawn on the front line
    Like a bolt right outta the blue
    The skies alight with a guitar bite
    Heads will roll and rock tonight
    For those about to rock, we salute you, yes we do
    Salute

We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
    Ready and aimed at you
    Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
    For a twenty one gun salute
    For those about to rock
    Fire
    We salute you
    For those about to rock
    We salute you
    For those about to rock
    Fire
    We salute you
    Fire
    We salute you

We salute you, c'mon
    Shoot, shoot
    Shoot, shoot
    For those who give
    For those who take
    Those left high
    And those on the make
    We salute you
    We salute you
    We salute you

Fire

I think heavy rockers will appreciate how appropriate that ending was.
    I sit at the coffee shop, enjoying the day, catching up on JWD and will
    get out in the sun before picking up the wife at the prison, and taking
    her to dinner. She understood that I couldn't sit through the lectures today and didn't comment.

Thank you all for sharing my ceremony. It might seem weird to some, but
    it is such a freedom. Almost as good as sex. Maybe better, I never keep
    thinking about sexual experiences.

• brinjen
    brinjen

When I first left a friend dedicated a song to me, R.E.M's 'Losing My Religion'. I then went right through my house and threw out every shred of evidence I was ever a member of a cult. I called it my 'cleansing ritual'.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Hi OTWO,

Congrats on your newly un-dedication!

What you did does not seem weird to me at all. In fact, I may have to do something similiar in the near future. Right now everything for me is still kind of in limbo, so I'll be

delaying my un-dedication until I feel it's the right time and I am able to pick a significant date to do so.

Enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather is treating you well over there.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

GOOD STORY OTWO ; now remember to hold to your word about not going back to any meetings or talking to the elders. i know you can do it. your wife is going to tell you how great the convention was today. the only thing i would say is i'm sure they said nothing i've never heard before. that's why i didn't go john

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No fallout from the wife. She didn't grill me about my full day in a strange town. I did say that I stayed
    at the hotel past checkout time then went to get coffee. I pulled into the parking lot in full view of the
    door, but none of the elders tried to approach me, they never saw me. I was half-expecting an intervention
    when they noticed that I didn't come in, but none was planned.

Perhaps I can just fade from the congregation with little intervention. It will be more than 4 months before
    a CO visit again. By then, the elders will have to say, "He just stopped coming." I think they are trying to
    avoid a JC in my case, as long as they hear nothing of apostate stirrings.

The wife said more than 1500 people attended and 3 got baptized. They lost me, and there have been at least
    three deaths in the circuit in the last few months, so that means they have gone down in publishers. I don't
    know of others going inactive, but I imagine a few. There were several going inactive last year, so the figures
    must have continued somewhat. Perhaps their numbers are growing from people transferring into the
    foreign language circuit, but that's just a transfer- no real gain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit