Scanning the Obituaries for lost loved ones

by jeanniebeanz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I suspect that the day will come very soon when I'll have to start doing that myself.

I found some obits of elderly JWs I used to know in the online newspapers, but they weren't people I considered to be friends. I'm not sure that family members will tell me when someone close to me passes. I know they didn't when a few people passed whom I had known when I was growing up. Not that my being there would have made matters better or worse, but it bothered me back then that it was a way for them to ensure that I appeared to be a heartless @$$hole by not attending the funeral.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Am I the only person here who scans the obits in their 'home town' paper for the names of lost family because you know you would not be notified of their passing? Afterall, God forbid that you show up at their funeral and ruin it with your apostate presence.

Just wondering...

I think if you were the only one, the paper would not publish obituarys. I think many people over 40 read the obituaries, thats where there friends are.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

everyone I cared about has already died

• moshe
    moshe

I scan the obits just to find the names of JW's who had the "stay alive until 75" on their lips when I came in. One sister just died at 92. Their ranks are getting smaller. Soon, I will be able to walk into my original KH ( I moved 32 years ago) and no one will be left to recognize me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit