Scanning the Obituaries for lost loved ones

by jeanniebeanz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Am I the only person here who scans the obits in their 'home town' paper for the names of lost family because you know you would not be notified of their passing? Afterall, God forbid that you show up at their funeral and ruin it with your apostate presence.

Just wondering...

• blondie
    blondie

I am a fader and my family makes sure to let me know...mostly because I prefer not hearin FROM them. Tell someone not to do something and they will. I always send cards though even though I avoid the funerals. If attending is not your goal, you can check this site and see who has passed and no one told you. It is not timely enough to attend the funeral. http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3693 http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/?o_xid=0028727949&o_lid=0028727949

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I do that as well. Especially since most newspapers are on line, it makes it much easier. I've seen several obits, especially of people who were in my old congregation, or families of people that I knew from the JW's or school.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That's how I found out my dad died last year.

• choosing life
    choosing life

This is just so sad. I wish the whole world could know what jws really do to families.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I also have a subscription to ancestry.com which I can search for an obit of somebody ANYWHERE they may have died in case it wasnt where I last knew them to be. Some people retire to other states.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Just send them a Mass card.

• geevee
    geevee

The dubs in our area are not big on obituaries. Maybe the immediate family place them in the newspaper, but the rest of the cong avoid it like the plague. Too tight fisted?
    A non-dub would wonder if they had any friends at all.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well, it seems I am not alone afterall... Thank you for the tip on ancestry.com, I'll check it out.

It is a shame what the cult does to families, but, what can you do? They do it to themselves, I guess.

Jean

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I find these Revelations about your families ripped souls synonymous with the wild beast having had access to your inner sanctum. It magnifies my own past in my own mind as utterly regretable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit