Am I the Only One?

by hybridous 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad
    Mad

Nope! You're one of many who just don't want truth! Truth and the WTBS are two entities- yes the WTBS has many mistakes & faults. Know of any group that doesn't?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you want to read a book by someone who claims to have figured it out along the lines you are speculating, check out "Children of the Matrix" by David Icke. Hell give you answers to your questions. And give you a few more quesions for you to find answers to.

• juni
    juni

jgnat said:

I've spent my entire career working for the government and believe me, it is not competent enough to pull off a conspiracy

ROTFLMAO!! That is soooooo true jgnat!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many apocalyptic groups that will, with the passage of time, fade into oblivion.

They are guilty of believing in that which does not exist.

The real tragedy of this phenomenon are the countless lives snuffed out, and many more indefinitely postponed, due to this irrational belief.

Nvr

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I doubt if there is anyone hidden behind the org. I think it started as a millenial sort of religion, looking for christ's return, became one man's pulpit, became a corporation under his successors, and is now firmly interested in self-preservation. The men at the top (and their 'submissive' wives") have a pretty good deal, they are mainly interested in keeping their power base. What fools their followers are - and the JWs are definitely following men, not god, for giving them all that power. What a fool I was to participate for so long! They have no power, if you don't give them any. Of course, if the people who matter to you are still entrenched in the cult, they do have the power to take them away from you. But sooner or later you are going to lose them anyway - best to get the heck out of that cult, and live a happy life to prove to the family and friends still in that the org. isn't the only way to go.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I agree with HORTENSIA and some people go into the JW religion and become seperate from family and freinds for the sake of the religion because it's easier for them ,and then there is those that leave the JW"s and seperate themselves from them because it's easier to make a new life without the JW's and those that are family and still in.

It's about choice ....and then ya die

• free2beme
    free2beme

There is something behind it, and it is simple.

"Power over man"

That is basically it, in a nutshell. As long as men are willing to die for the religion, and fear the lose of it. Then they have the power that fuels their desire to grow. Just remember, as religions go, the Witnesses are a failure, not a success.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Since there doesnt historically appear to have been a Jesus, You might wonder who and what is behind the myth. The only mythical evidence of Jesus is the bible a jewish book ot myths, and an after the fact insertion into the writings of Josephus. There are no contemporay writings acknowledging Jesus or his mircacles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit