Am I the Only One?

by hybridous 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hybridous
    hybridous

I have a hard time accepting and believing that this whole WT 'Phenonemon' is, and has always been, an end unto itself.

I can't help but suspect that this publishing company, masquerading as a religion, is still a front for something - or someone else.

I don't have any substantial empirical evidence, just a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that just happens to fit the hypothesis that there are deeper levels to this whole ridiculousness.

Fundamentalist Islam seems to be able to control and exert influence in it's followers to the point of suicide attacks. I submit that the influence of the JW religion upon it's followers is analogous, if not completely identical (at this time). Does this develop without intent?

Are 6 million people brought to basically worship an idea and a select group, for no reason? 6 million people brought to heel under anothers, for what reason?? That's as far as it goes??

Tell me I'm crazy. I already know it....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Your wish is my command

Tell me I'm crazy. I already know it....

Your crazy!!

Not really. I've wondered stuff like that myself. It will all come out in the wash.

purps

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I can't help but suspect that this publishing company, masquerading as a religion, is still a front for something - or someone else.

Lets say that Saudi Arabia sponsors the building of 1500 new mosques here in the U.S....then when the free mosque is finished they place within it, an Imam that has been taught the more radical ideology of Saudi Arabia. The local people suddenly have a free mosque and an Imam teaching the agenda of Saudi Arabia here in the U.S. The moderate muslims don't object because it would be rude to look a gift horse in the mouth. Extreme Islam makes its way into the U.S...maybe not right away but a generation or two down the road. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and now takes a foothold in the US.

Meanwhile the WTS spends its time trying to explain away why the world didn't end in 1914 and why there are too many fluffernutters trying to drink the wine at the memorial. I think you give the WTS far too much credit.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have a deep allergy to all conspiracy theories. I've spent my entire career working for the government and believe me, it is not competent enough to pull off a conspiracy. You are crazy.

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

"Not competent enough....." Haha!!! Good stuff!

• Honesty
    Honesty

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

at Satan's Kingdom

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    I've spent my entire career working for the government and believe me, it is not competent enough to pull off a conspiracy.

100% agreed! I would wager that you figured that out within your first 6 months of working for them.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hybridous,

I have a hard time accepting and believing that this whole WT 'Phenonemon' is, and has always been, an end unto itself. I can't help but suspect that this publishing company, masquerading as a religion, is still a front for something - or someone else. I don't have any substantial empirical evidence, just a whole lot of anecdotal evidence that just happens to fit the hypothesis that there are deeper levels to this whole ridiculousness.

Anything is capable of being a sinister operation ... but I doubt that there is a sinister secretive group behind the scenes running the GB. The Watchtower evolved over time froma simply publishing corporation for Russell, to a conrolled system under Rutherford, the a major corporation run by an ultimate committee called the GB. These men have grown to love what Russell hated ... the organization turned on the purpose for which it was originally founded. These men have power because JWs are taught to give it to them. These men have the use of money not direct ownership) with which they can live in security and enjoy things the average person cannot ... as long as they conform to the system. These men have added layer after layer of many teachings and 'refinements' to secure their placeof power, authority, and prestiege among 6-million JWs. And, these men will do whatever it takes to protect their status and the organization that supports them, especially when they feel threatened ... including hiding their complicity in shielding pedophiles ... and I bet that they will even settle lawsuits for the same to keep it all quiet and hidden from the JWs who pay their bills.

Jim Whitney

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, you are not the only one. One day the truth will come out about this lying organization, and then we all will know, but until then we just speculate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit