Anyone find any decent pro-Witness sites?

by IsaacJS2 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Has anyone ran into any pro-Witness sites that offer responses to critics? I haven't found anything good yet.

It begs the question as to why the Society's official website doesn't have an area where you can email them to ask them questions. If this is "the Truth", then surely they should be using every opportunity to "make a defense" of their faith right? If their doctrines and teachings are backed by the Creator of the universe, then why don't they have something as simple as an email address where you can ask them questions? Wouldn't this be a wonderful method of 'preaching'?

Obviously, they know full well that many of their ridiculous doctrines cannot be backed up with scriptures and want to avoid getting embarassing emails from anyone who can easily prove that they're wrong, wrong, wrong.

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2
    jgnat: Practice pulling out the logical fallacies in his argument.

Since this is a different setting, I wasn't trying to be objective in my mistaken remarks. But that's my plan for the article exactly.

Thanks again to everyone for the recommendations. I'm still waiting to hear back on the articles I've already submitted. I have a dozen so far, and may need to add a few more to supplement the one about the "cult question." This is meant to be the last of the first set of them.

IsaacJ

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

"a public web site that tries to defend their org can be quoted" - trouble is their stand is indefensible, hence they strongly discourage and censure anyone who puts anything on a website. I think the best you are going to do is www.watchtower.org . See, there is a trouble - Good Witnesses are not supposed to even look at any material against us. Therefore, how could they defend against what they are supposed to ignore?
    "Sir, that sword is coming at you - defend yourself!"
    "Oh, I have been instructed not to look at swords as they may corrupt my thinking."
    "SPLAT!"

• houdini
    houdini

This site seem's quite supportive of the New World Translation (JW) Bible

Don't know much about the site though

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/newworldtranslation/home.htm

Houdini

• Sassy
    Sassy

I used to moderate on pro JW boards.. but all of those one by one have gone out of existance... some due to obedience to the WTS.. lol..

although the sister I work with is on a discussion board for dubs.. I see her on it when I come ask for things.. I don't know what the URL is though.. she doesn't exactly show it to me.. she knows I come here and am no longer a witness...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit