gettin a bike

by IP_SEC 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not bad, for a binner.

S

• zeroday
    zeroday

Harleys are nice but stop by a Honda dealer and check out the VTX1300c. Liquid cooled shaft drive V twin. Got mine new, windshield floor boards crash bars and saddle bags out the door $10,200.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I've had plenty of motorcycles but now I'm with bikerchic.

Pedal power!!!!!

"Oil is for sissies."

(That was the name of a pro-bicyclist blog I used to read that's now defunct.)

Hey, really, I'm just messin'. That Harley looks great. But if I were you I'd get a Japanese wannabe Harley that will run forever.

Open (throttle) Mind

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I've had plenty of motorcycles but now I'm with bikerchic.

Pedal power!!!!!

"Oil is for sissies."

(That was the name of a pro-bicyclist blog I used to read that's now defunct.)

Hey, really, I'm just messin'. That Harley looks great. But if I were you I'd get a Japanese wannabe Harley that will run forever.

Open (throttle) Mind

LOL how did you get so smart? Oh, silly me I get it.....experience!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good luck, youll enjoy it. I spent the day on my harley.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ah the VROD, the bike that dragged HD kicking and screaming into the 1980s. Four years ago. Water cooling, four valves per cylinder... slow down HD!! Don't let your research dudes get too far ahead of themselves!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Don't let your research dudes get too far ahead of themselves!

LOL!

Its kind of a cross between a crotchrocket and a street bike. I road 200 miles between yesterday and today. And was suprised by the comfort. I guess I better start building my ride tolerance up if ima ride the 400 miles to DFW.

Its funny to me that harley's deserved image of inferior scooters has followed them even though they make a great product today.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Did you get the VROD? or another model?

Any pics of you and the bike to post yet?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sweet IP! What a beauty! Congrats, Dude...

Dave

• done4good
    done4good

Congrats, IP. I've been wanting one of those, (VROD specifically), for some time. Haven't quite got the wife convinced, yet.

Maybe just get one and say it followed me home???

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit