Is God your best Friend?

by TooBad TooSad 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

At the Hall last week the comment was made that God is our best Friend. This statement

started me thinking. I love God and pray to Him but I am not sure that He should be considered

as a Best Friend. If you have a crisis in life many people pray to God for help but generally speaking

assistance comes from family or human friends. The Witnesses would say that God helped

by motivating humans to help you. How can God be a best Friend when you can't see Him,

He doesn't talk to you, He doesn't hold you when you need encouragement, etc?

God provides the rain, sun, flowers, ability for the soil to grow food for the good people and the bad.

People who may despise God, benefit from these things. What do you think? Can God be

your best Friend?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I guess if I were as hypocritical as alot of elders, stickler for the letter of the law, I suppose God would be my best friend.

For me, if I had a friend that didn't listen to what I said, never spoke to me, and ignored anything I asked him to help with, it would be God.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I thought He was till I realized one day that He had left the building long before I ever got there.

Nvr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

No,

My best friend talks with me, shares laughter and tears with me, is there for me when I need them, and knows I am there for them.

I can see them, hear them, touch them, & smell them.

Does God do that?

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

God was my best friend for a time. When I was a depressed teenager and had no one else to talk to, I'd pour my heart out in prayer. But I doubted more and more that there was someone in the heavens listening. I finally "left", and found out that my world didn't crash in. Prayer to "God" did help me through hard times, though.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think that for people that believe in God and are childlike, simple minded. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. Whatever that means.

When I believed in God, the belief had a calming effect on me in times of trouble, an internal tranqualizer.

I didnt realize at the time that my belief in Gos was causing all my trouble.

When you dont believe in the biblical God, you can see how it is a bunch of baloney.

Whch hat do you want to put on. The one with chains or the one that's free?

And you can twist that also.

• Norm
    Norm

As an adult I don't have imaginary friends
    It isn't healthy.

Norm

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It isn't healthy.

Norm

ah Norm - that was going to be my answer!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    It isn't healthy.

Norm

Wll said norm, that's how I feel.

How can I make a friend of someone I don't believe exists?

• Norm
    Norm

Hey Crumpet and fullofdoubt,

Well, what can I say? Great minds think alike??

:-)

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit