Elders on my tail

by FourMs 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's possible that if you never heard from the elders in your current hall at all, you'd be upset that they obviously don't care about you and your welfare. Remember that they're just trying to 'shepherd'. It sounds like they're a lot more committed to that than most other elders though, so you might just have a handful of loons.

As somebody who handled their parents terribly, and the same age, I recommend that you be the person telling your parents the stuff that matters to them. It upset mine a lot that I didn't tell them myself, I was afraid to and sent some vague messages through my aunts who I knew would pass on any info they got their hands on. Actually I don't care that it's a big deal to my parents, they could just, you know, grow up and deal with it, but I should have told them myself. The strangest things break families up. They're far more upset that I didn't tell them myself that I'm not going to meetings and getting reinstated, than the fact that I'm not. My parents are also having a very hard time letting go of parenthood now that we've all grown up and have isolated all of their children in one way or another - I'm just the worst-case scenario. I got disfellowshipped, so clearly it's all my fault...

• FourMs
    FourMs
    They are STALKING you not STOCKING you. Sorry.....it just bothered me.

Heehee woops - I think I need to go back to school. Thanks for the correction...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    They are STALKING you not STOCKING you. Sorry.....it just bothered me.
    Heehee woops - I think I need to go back to school. Thanks for the correction...

I work for a tax office and one of the questions is what is your occupation: when someone says they are "stockers" I intentionally write "stalker" no one has ever noticed...lol lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

terry,

you're startin to sound a little james thomas. Had a real tear form in my right eye.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sheesh, how annoying. How do you slow guys like that down? When the effort suddenly is no longer worthwhile. How about getting a dog, like a Doberman or a Rottweiler?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Just carry on fading and they will eventually lose interest in you, they will say "this one is a goner, got overwhelmed by the devil's influence, it is no good talking to the dead". Of course you got freed from their tentacles and they try to comfort themselves by saying that at least now you are trapped by satan. It's all spite.

• flipper
    flipper

They may indeed mean well and be "shepherding", but I'd be careful what you say to anyone because it really depends on the individual elders whether they're sincere or vindictive. Mr. Flippers ex and daughter knew just who to go to when they decided to make trouble for him - his resentful older bro (elder and 7 year Bethelite who is 5 hours away), but especially the Po from his old cong (2 hours away) who is petty and blustery, still pissed at Mr. F for getting away 4 years ago. When 2 elderes from that cong came to our door recently to tell Mr f he was df'd, one of them had a frozen smug grin and was obviously enjoying himself. the other elder seemed sincere- not happy to be there, like he was doing something necessary but sad. Good luck to you - I hope it goes well. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Jokers to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you"

It's CLOWNS to the left of me, jokers to the right,......

Not being picky but I want the right words if it's going to stick in my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit