If SATAN could offer you something desireable, would you accept it?

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If it was possible for Satan to offer you something desireable, knowing that God wouldn't approve of it, would you accept it anyways.

Now, if you don't believe in God, you won't believe in Satan either so this question doesn't apply to you.

• daystar
    daystar

Yes, but if Satan did appear before me and make an offer, wouldn't I then have to change my opinions about God and Satan rather quickly?

Assuming there was some very good reason for me to believe that he actually was Satan... by that, I mean the entity people have named Satan, I would have to consider all of the ramifications of the offer. What would be the cost to me or to others of accepting the offer; the benefits? I think I'd rather approach it as if it was anyone else making the offer. If the cost/benefit analysis results were in my favor... sure.

Of course, I'd have to consider how much an asshole God was going to be about it. He has a history of being a petty, jealous, throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way, etc.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, absolutely not!!! Satan offered me the hope(lie) of eternal life through the JW org, and I rejected that back in 1993, so no I wouldnt accept anything from him, especially if it displeases God

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

JH,

I would accept it....

If I knew for sure it was Satan, I'd also have alot of questions to ask him....

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I have to agree with daystar....

What would be the cost to me or to others of accepting the offer; the benefits?

I need more details......will I burn in a firey lake the rest of my life?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Nope. Nothing comes without a price. Even if I wouldn't be paying the price personally, I'd hate being used as a pawn. Same goes for God.

• daystar
    daystar
    Nope. Nothing comes without a price.

Therein lies the mystery of sacrifice.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Now, if you don't believe in God, you won't believe in Satan either so this question doesn't apply to you.

Who told you that rat?

Nvr

• greendawn
    greendawn

No because it always carries a sting in the tail, it gives one with the right hand and insidiously takes away two with the left hand. For all the promises it always leaves you with a loss.

• abbagail
    abbagail

" The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. " - John 10:10(a)

Ask me how I know...

I took the bait 17 years ago, and paid out the nose for it for 14 of those years.

Triple Ditto to what Greendawn said.

-----------

" I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John 10:10(b)

Amen, it was Jesus who broke the bondage and set me free.

/ag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit