VA Tech Incident - Stupid Things People Say

by Seeker4 27 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Even if the school campus would allow just the Professors to have a loaded weapon in a secure place, where an insane student could not have access to it, then at least the Professors could help protect their students. The Professors that were killed were only able to sheild their students with their own bodies!! If the Professors had a handgun, how many students do you think would have been killed? The number certainly would not have been as large as it was, one of them would have been able to take that idiot out!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

satanslittlehelper said:

you people will never learn. The whack job that just killed 32 people was able to get guns after a 10 minute background check and showing a couple of pieces of ID. If he was unable to get hold of guns so easily he would not have been able to kill 32 people!

I am a sporting shooter and own a handgun, to get my handgun I had to be a member of a club for 6 months and get a licence. I then had a 28day cooling off period before I could actually pick my gun up, if you had such sensible gun licencing rules there is a much better chance that he would have been spotted as a nut before committing this atrocity.

Government cannot, and should not even attempt to protect society from every possible ill situation; having said that there has to be some control on access to items which have no other function than to kill people. You can bullshit all you like about self protection but if this guy had not been able to get his hands on guns then the situation would not have arisen.

One of the most stupid things I have heard is that if he had not been able to get guns then he could have killed just as many people with a bomb. Explosives and their ingredients are tightly controlled by law, and for good reason; why do you not accept the same restrictions on guns?

AMEN to that!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper
    Even if the school campus would allow just the Professors to have a loaded weapon in a secure place, where an insane student could not have access to it, then at least the Professors could help protect their students. The Professors that were killed were only able to sheild their students with their own bodies!! If the Professors had a handgun, how many students do you think would have been killed? The number certainly would not have been as large as it was, one of them would have been able to take that idiot out!

This is the sort of backward thinking the gun lobbyists want you to believe so they can sell you more fear and more guns. Where could it be kept so that a 'sane' student could get it and a crazy one couldn't? it's impractical and quite frankly bullshit. All you would do is make another gun available for some heart broken college student to blow his love rival away or some idiot to kill someone for the slightest annoyance.

You need to look above the parapet and address the problems within your society, rather than allowing Fox news to sell you down the road of more fear and more antisocial behaviour.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If only the shooter had enrolled himself in Bethel instead of college.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Rebel 8-----

If only the shooter had enrolled himself in Bethel instead of college.

Amen to that.

U

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Seeker

In essence, what this woman was demanding was that there be well-trained, armed guards protecting ANY gathering of people at ALL times. It simply can't be done. I don't believe that even a totalitarian police state could achieve that level of "security" and an open, democratic one NEVER could.

AHEM....cough... cough... ISRAEL!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    You need to look above the parapet and address the problems within your society

Australia right? We're probably related you and I, since my father was there briefly during WW2.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The other thing was the constant questioning about why the entire campus wasn't under some type of lockdown after the first two killings. Now, this campus has as large a population as the largest city near where I live. How many of us live in a city of 25,000 where a murder causes a citywide lockdown, especially a murder that seems like a domestic event? It simply never happens, and is logistically an impossibility to do in a couple of hours.

What's the saying? "The man saying that it can't be done is usually passed by the man that's doing it."

1. Emergencymanagement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Emergencymanagement (or disaster management) is the discipline dealing with and ... responsibility for governmental emergencymanagement with the institutions for ... Quick Links: History and role - Phases and professional activities - Mitigation en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_management - 56k - Cached - More from this site

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit