Look What The Cat Caught!!!

by SWALKER 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Me too, Richie. Have you ever seen an albino corn snake? Absoultely beautiful. Full grown about four feet or so... big enough not to step on, but not big enough to eat the children. :)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

oops. double post...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Husband killed the snake (boy was that scary with him screaming "Get another shovel! Get another shovel!"
    The snake wildly waving itself around with my husband pinning its head. I am screaming!!!!! Ahhhhhh!
    I am afraid to leave him! But I have to! I run screaming all the way home to grab the shovel. I run back screaming (I guess you can tell I dont do well in emergencies?)
    My hands are sweating just remembering it.

Anewme, just view it as a battle cry. I scream whenever I'm doing something life endangering (things like catching birds in the house) too! I remember screaming as I was trying to catch a bird in the basement that was flying at me like a jet plane. I screamed and yelled the whole time I was trying to catch that bird!

I took care of a patient with a rattle snake bite. He had reached to get something on the ground and the snake bit his thumb. His entire arm swoll up and was bursting and weeping fluid. The doctors didn't give him any anti-venom because "they said" that every time a snake bites it doesn't always inject venom. I guess they were right; the guy's airway never did close up and he had no neurological symptoms, but his arm looked like hell! The guy was in severe pain. All I was ordered to do was to keep him narc'ed up, which I did.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Cats are awesome hunters. It's a good thing that when humans were evolving (yes I go to meetings every week) that the prehistoric cats didn't all get together and decide to put an end to the human experiment.

I've seen my cat learn the flight path that the house sparrows had to follow to get back to their nest and just wait there motionless, then do a six foot vertical leaop and catch the things in mid-air. And my cat is FAT and SLOW compared to the hungry ones!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

RR...if my cat had caught a snake the size of yours, well it would have had to defend itself! LOL!

Swalker

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Can we have warning on these? Extreme snake phobia and me screaming at work not good!!!!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

MisterA...WOW, your cat needs to be in the movies!

VM...LOL! I guess you won't have to worry about fallling asleep! (The words cat + caught = GROSS)

Swalker

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do cats and dogs instinctively know which snakes are venomous and dangerous and which are not? If that snake had been poisonous your cat would be dead by now. But usually snakes won't bite unless cornered or stepped upon, when they feel in grave danger.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Garter Snakes are good to have around if you have a Garden but they can startle the hell out you!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Predators: Dogs and cats are major predators of snakes in suburban areas. Most dogs will attack and kill even our larger species. Domestic cats are particularly effective in reducing snake populations. Yard cats kill many small snakes. They also kill many birds, mice, and lizards which might otherwise be food for snakes. Yard fowl, such as chickens, turkeys, and guinea hens, are also predators of small snakes.

Cats are very quick...I'd worry more about my dog getting bit than my cat. A large poisonous snake may have been more of a problem, but I doubt the cat would be playing with it! They are much more aggressive than the non-poisonous.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit