Look What The Cat Caught!!!

by SWALKER 36 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Good thing you carefully assessed what kind of snake it was before you handled it.
    My kitties were discovered playing with a little baby snake one day!
    I thought it was a WORM-------UNTIL IT TOOTLED ITS LITTLE TONGUE OUT AT ME!!!! AHHHH! OMG!!!! HELP!!!!

My husband came out, looked at it and confirmed it was NOT a baby western rattler and scooped it up
    with a shovel head and placed it in the nearby field.

He then instructed me (he's always doing this by the way, its kind of humorous, he should make learning videos I tell him) all about western rattle snakes, how even the teeny baby ones are DEADLY!

After last summer's near fatal incident with two 4'long Western Rattlers I do not want to EVER get that close to getting bit again!

(I found 5 live kittens in a wood pile last summer. One morning 3 were found freshly dead where I was feeding them and a humongous coiled rattle snake stood guard over his kill right as I leaned my little face down to check on them!!)

Husband killed the snake (boy was that scary with him screaming "Get another shovel! Get another shovel!"
    The snake wildly waving itself around with my husband pinning its head. I am screaming!!!!! Ahhhhhh!
    I am afraid to leave him! But I have to! I run screaming all the way home to grab the shovel. I run back screaming (I guess you can tell I dont do well in emergencies?)
    My hands are sweating just remembering it.

Anyway, he killed the snake (wish I could download the pics for you) we snatched the remaining two kittens and found another huge snake an hour later. So the two of them had a nest in there!! Yikes!

These cats we saved are a prize I tell you. They are my two cat boys. I guess in a way I do have kids.
    I never knew how great cats could be!!! Like yours, my two boys are great hunters!

Ah thanks for stirring the old rattle snake story out of me!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Anewme..that was a great story!!! (Try to remember next time that snakes don't have ears, so if you want them to know you are screaming you have to get in their face!!! ) Wish you could post the pics!!! I'm glad you didn't get hurt and were able to rescue the 2 cats. Snakes love woodpiles....

UnConfused...you can eat these in a sandwich or plain (if you're watching your weight):

alt

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    ''When cornered, this snake will make a spirited defense, often biting, and if picked up will smear its holder with excrement and contents of the anal gland. "

Another words, the snake gets the sh*t scared out of it if you pick it up

• dobbie
    dobbie

Ugh is that someone eating a spider Swalker?I feel sick now, i was just getting a bit peckish too but i think i'll lay off the snacks now.I HATE spiders! (and snakes, and anything that even remotely resembles an insect)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    Ugh is that someone eating a spider Swalker?

Tarantulas are considered a delicacy in Cambodia, Venezuela, and other countries! Mmmmmm......

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

OMG, to all! Nice of you to rescue the garter snake from the cat. I put a cat outside years ago and was afraid that it might get hurt by snakes in our back yard because the yard was a bit overgrown in the back. I was quite surprised to find her one day with a rather large one, eating it alive, with blood all over her mouth. Oh well! They all do what nature made them to do - cats, snakes, spiders. They're all predators of something.

Anewme! I was both horrified and amazed and entertained. So glad you both lived through that experience. People most often are killed while trying to kill poisonous snakes.

Poor little kittens!

The screaming and running for a shovel and screaming panic is kinda' funny, although the poisonous snake part is not. Really glad you got through that mess alive! It's very fortunate that you found the second snake instead of it finding you!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

No snakies in NZ.

(leans back on anal gland and laughs at the snake infested countries. Oh, and Ireland too.)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for rescuing the snake. They are very important as they eat roaches and other insects that would come into your house. I love snakes. they are sleek and smooth. As long as you stay away from poisonous ones they will not bother you. Of course, with pets or kids in the yard, I would want the snakes to relocate.

I love cats also and have two.

Actually, other than roaches, I love all creatures. Well, some insects look creepy, and I don't get close to them, but all things have a purpose on our planet.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I happen to love snakes. Just a bit bigger.

alt

alt

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Glad you rescued the snake, SWalker. Snakes are just part of nature folks. Damn that stupid garden of Eden story. I swear that's one of the reasons why people are so irrational about them. If they were cute and fuzzy people wouldn't be so quick to chop them up. I like snakes. I do have a spider phobia though. I try hard to recognize it as a stupidly irrational fear. I won't kill them even though they completely freak me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit