Why are we so hard on JW's??

by James Mixon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Island Man
    Island Man

Watchtower's biggest problems are its adamant arrogance and its shocking hypocrisy. The errors that it has made has been magnified by its continued arrogant, dictatorial and manipulative behavior despite having a history of error which should move it to act more humbly.

Watchtower is like a fool who has made many mistakes in the past but still believes he is an expert and demands that all listen to his advice or else he calls them names and ostracizes them.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    But I think people are hard on JWs because, when indoctrinated by Watchtower, JWs start to exhibit the same stubborn, arrogant, dishonest tendencies as the organization.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

You folks are right on. Island man well said. I think about the

atrocities perform by German (ww2) and it would be ridiculous

to blame the average citizen for those acts. Leadership, leadership.

Hitler and his cronies and the GB , made from the same mold..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Jesus supposedly said:

"with the judgment you are judging you will be judged, and with the measure you are measuring out, you will get back in return"

Matt 7:2

So we are just giving back to the org the same mindset and attitude that they have perpetuated over the years....simple really.....

• Giordano
    Giordano

The individual JW doesn't dream up the abusive polices....... the WTBTS does.

As already mentioned.......... the way they handle their pedophile problem.

Thousands dead from discouraging Vaccines in the old days, banning Transplants for over a decade and forbidding blood transfusions since 1945.

Discouraging higher education.

Telling people the end is near since 1879.

Telling people not to marry or have children in this old system.

Making believer's count their time as if we were Fuller Brush or Avon salespeople.

Shunning folks who stop believing that God is directing the JW through the WT.

DFing for reasons that can not be found in scripture.

I could go on.

• millie210
    millie210
    I think people are hard on JWs because JWs (leadership) are so hard on people!
  • Kanon
    Kanon

I think it is because so many have been mistreated by people in the ORG (namely elders). Also coupled with a feeling of being robbed of a large part of ones life.

But I do agree with you no benefit on a personal level to harboring any hostility so anyone.

• zeb
    zeb

Hearing so many times of children being sexually emotionally abused and being told "dont tell the Police, leave it with Jehovah"

Hearing the borg say that they are the ...one.. chanel to God who therefore approves of paedophiles in congs all over the world.

Hearing that your offspring were victims.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Island Man: But I think people are hard on JWs because, when indoctrinated by Watchtower, JWs start to exhibit the same stubborn, arrogant, dishonest tendencies as the organization.

I agree. Many JWs are self-righteous, condescending, lacking in intelligence. unreasonable, lacking in knowledge, mentally blind. presumptuous, smug, etc. If they change, I will readily forgive and excuse them. But if they don't, I will be hard on them. I have several family members who are JWs. All are clueless and ignorant, yet they think something is wrong with me - that I'm just weak or that I have a bad attitude or that I'm overly critical or something like that. It's unjust and it burns my a$$ up. These are people who are gullible and naive and intellectually deficient. One loves Tony Morris ("Oh, he seems so sweet.")

The organization is deceptive (if not outright lying). It deceived me out of virtually my entire life. I shall unapologetically be hard on it.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Many JWs are........lacking in intelligence.

I have known some JWs who had an IQ level so high that it was shared by only a few per cent of the population in general. One even had an IQ level clean off the end of the scale (which is 200).

However, they all shared one characteristic in common with just about everybody else in that religion:

- it was as if they were all equipped with a Bypass Switch to their brain, and whenever the matter of religion came up, this switch was immediately turned over to the "Bypass" position!

It has still got me puzzled how otherwise highly intelligent people can allow themselves to continue to be misled by such a lot of nonsense.

Bill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit