The Kindest Most Effective Words

by sweet pea 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Suggestions please on the kindest and most effective (i.e. they might stop and seriously think about why) to say to very special close friends that we will no longer be attending the meetings. I spoke to the first of a few friends today and could tell they were deeply upset - their first reaction was "but there is no where else to go?!" and the hubby "you know I've not been on ministry for years, but I still believe it's the truth. It's a struggle but you trust your friends to struggle with you (!)". The mother in law sent an emotional text saying she was heartbroken and that it was worse than finding out her husband had a terminal illness (he unfortunately died last year so you can see our timing is excellent!!). I replied "Try not to be sad, we still love Jehovah, Jesus, the Bible, each other and you - they're the most important things, right?" it was the best I could come up with. We have a few more to speak to....

• Creeper
    Creeper

Why not read a few assembled bible texts together, to help the message be a kind and loving way. It cannot possibly be construed as bad.

The ones that deal with love and peace and joy being the best ones of course. My favorite was always in 1 Corinthians 13, along with the words of Jesus in Matthew 5-7.

Let them know that you will be walking in the spirit, and that is what counts most:

Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Gal 5:23

meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24

And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

Gal 5:25

If we live by the Spirit, by the Spirit let us also walk.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Adherents of some religions are very sensitive
    about any attempts to convert them from their faith."

Page 5 Par. 14 Our Kingdom Ministry
    WTBTS February 1998

• ninja
    ninja

sweet pea...I have tried all that...you will find out how deep the mind control goes...I couldnt believe it when I "woke up"....just try to be as nice as possible....ninja from up the road in sunny scotland : )

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I only advocate lying to the elders when necessary to participate in their theocratic warfare.
    Otherwise, it is important to be true to yourself and to others.

That said, I wouldn't ever use anything that suggests a belief in the WTS doctrines remains,
    but you can soften the truth a little to let it sink in.

Something like "We are just in need of a break to examine some things (or to sort things
    out)." WILL YOU COME BACK? "I just can't answer that right now." HAVE YOU LOST
    FAITH/BELIEF IN JEHOVAH? "Our faith is not lost. We just need to sort things out."

I would keep steering it around to a non-answer beyond that. They will be clear what you
    mean, but you never said anything apostate.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What does light have to do with darkness? The way I see it when you leave the tower they arent your friends anymore. Thats how they keep you in the cult is with your friends and psychological warefare. You have to change your friends like your underwear and head for the hills.

Was that kind enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit