Christians could and did. Can JWs? Do they?

by ANewLeif 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I believe I was saved while still a JW. I was enlightened and left.

But I left because I was a Christian not to become one.

Yes, and you left when you well understood 'jw' as compared 'christian' - not being able to stay and be both

• Terry
    Terry

I've gone back through ANL's posts to get more of a sense of who he is and what he believes to give me a context to frame my understanding of his first post on this topic.

I am at least a polytheist. I may be an omnitheist. I am not a Trinitarian. I see nothing in the NT that says Christians believed the Israelites were correct about the nature of deity, but a lot to suggest Christians believed the Israelites incorrect about the nature of deity.

Ultimately, the Catholic church decided what was and was not canonical and attempted to eradicate as heretical whatever they did not approve. There was extreme bias applied to the canonization of Scripture. Decisions were heavily influenced by politics and the doctrines held by the most powerful people in the Catholic church. God did not protect the text from corruption which leads to three possible conclusions. Either God doesn't think the NT as it currently exists needs to be free from all error in order to convey spiritual truths, or God didn't protect it due to some reason we can't comprehend, or God doesn't exist.

ANL

In view of this, I need to ask a follow up question concerning the orthodoxy test comparing Jehovah's Witnesses with

"Christians".

Would ANL say Jehovah's Witnesses are the same as mainstream "Christians" in being entirely wrong? If so, from ANL's point of view (polytheism, etc.) is the test of orthodoxy moot altogether?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit