Why do dubs act as if 1975 wasn't failed prophesy or misleading?

by NotaNess 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

In 1975 I was 14yrs. old . In our hall there were those that were certain the end would come in 1975 . In fact if you were of the crowd that stressed No One Knows when the end will be ,you were considered less faithful. I know this because my mom was one that didn't follow the 1975 thinking . Young witnesses today have no clue what it was like living in those times . It infuriates me to hear them say "OH the society never said any thing like that, it was just a few witnesses wanting the end to come sooner.' When we were first becoming inactive in service two years ago we had our last sheparding call . The brother accused me of being one that became discouraged because of 1975 , he said we had discussed it before ! Which was a total LIE . I don't know were that came from .Maybe because alot of us in our 40-50's are coming to our senses from the crap we lived through in the 70's. Anyways during our discussion I related to him that many in our hall at that time were looking to 1975 to be the end, but that was not what my family believed . He tried to deny that others believed that ....Then the older brother that was with him started recounting stories of the congregation he had been in at that time out west . He said several had sold everything and went into the pioneer work others racked up debt thinking they would never have to pay it off . It was great to hear him remember how it really was during those times !

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Those (like me) who knew better- just ignored it, trying to help the non-thinkers see it as Speculation, rather than a Divine Revelation.

When someone claims to be gods sole channel, speculation should not even be a consideration.

Why test and trick those that you require to follow your every word?

purps

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
  • MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

Right as I began to question to whole WT teaching I asked my JW mother about the whole 1975 thing (which was new to me). Her reply was that "this is Jehovahs perfect organization ran by imperfect human beings"....WHAT????? How can imperfection be found in perfection? Perfect JW answer, huh? I think that alot of them know something ain't right but it's hard to admit that you have been living a lie...scary thought.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    A fair whack of JW's left after 1975 didn't bring the New Order. The ones that remained are the ones that the current JW's can still talk to. I remember hearing some of the jw's that were around for '75 referring to those that left as "75ers", claiming they were "serving Jehovah for a date". So the modern-day crowd neither lived thru it, nor ever hears anything bad about it. Labeling the ones that left over it just gives them more ammo for their "us-versus-them" mentality.

And, lest we forget, anyone that says anything negative about the "Mother Organization" is labeled an opposer.

The Watchtower (and by extension, jw's individually) are masters of rewriting history. Look at the spin they put on 1914. Anything bad is just swept under the rug and nobody peeks.

The men who run the WTS have manipulated the minds of their followers to accept anything and everything they SAY! This has worked out WELL for them: the new JWs don't have a clue about what happened in 1975---and the older ones are conditioned (brainwashed) to believe they "didn't hear what they heard" back then!

I was 34 years old when this happened....and the previous few years were filled with talk between JWs out in service and private conversations....and the TALKS we heard at the KHs (from the platform) were peppered with direct references AND innuendos to the "end" coming in 1975. The JWs can (and will) talk all they want.....but we who were there KNOW what was said and done then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit