Maybe I should go back and be a good little dubbie again!!

by AK - Jeff 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Look at the big picture Jeff and the implications of eternity as compared to this short, ungodly association now with the JW's. Hey, I would like to stop and see you on the way to Michigan this summer.

Outaservice

• Brigid
    Brigid

(((Jeff))) sweetheart, your post saddens me and my heart is going out to you. I just wanna hug you right now!

I have no words of wisdom. I have nothing to give you accept Love. Light. and a VH (Virtual Hug)

May the dawn rise soon on your path as you tread this "dark night of the soul".

Blessings,

~Brigid

p.s. What you are regionally, politically, socially, religiously does not really matter so much as who you are in essence. And there is enlightenment to be had within Christianity. Jesus was the bomb! I might even be a Christian if...well never mind. Follow your path.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Jeff, I had the pleasure of meeting you and your wife......your both very sweet people. If I lived a bit closer, I would join you for a few beers......and would not only go to buy shingles, but help ya put them on the roof!!

I wish i could have made it for your get-together.....really hard with the kids..and as I said, I didnt want to overwhelm my Bf with to much JW talk. To bad you cant find a few on the board here that live close by to become friends with!

Im in the same boat as you.....I really only have my BF to talk to. I have Brooke,(we are only 45 min apart) but with families, we dont get together as much as we like. And JH, but of course we can only get together a few times a year! There are a few on this board that live right here in my town......and yes, we try to get together now and then, and I love it!

Reach out to those close to your area if possible. Hope your day goes well, and I DO consider you a friend!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

(((((JEFF)))))))

I know how you feel, all of us DO!

I'm one of the lucky ones, I made friends outside the religion before I was out. Plus, many of my JW friends are EX -JW's now.

I know, I am not helping....lol

However, I promise this - When things settle down for me, I will get Buttlight and we'll take a road trip. Hell, her and I will watch the grandkids, while you take your wife out for a night. Go out for the weekend! If I have to, I will bring my kids and stay for a week, while you take her on Vacation. I can handle 5 kids - piece of cake...lol.

Plus, we are having that apostafest in Aug(in WI). Please come, bring the grandkids! I will play with them and you and wifey can sit and enjoy talking to others and not worry about the children! Kids love me! If they don't, I make them love me...lol

Your Friend, Brookie

• DJK
    DJK

Friends come and go, and with age, it seems more go than come. I see it happen for people who were never connected to the JWs in any way. You can get great exposure to people and good association from people on a bowling league etc, etc. Friends you grow with and at my age there is little time left to grow. That's me and for now, I enjoy what I can get and what's around me while there is time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the nice thoughts all. I am feeling better, some of you may have missed the Update on page three.

Brooke and Buttlight - I do hope we can make the Wisconsin fest this year - what are the dates? Outaservice - I would love to have you stop by [or alternately I could make it up to your old neck of the woods in Mich maybe while you are here].

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Update:

Next week .......

Such a nice boy, that Jeff.

Good to hear this. Maybe after a year or more is behind me, I can do similar projects.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey Jeff........to add my comments that have already been posted........everything you said is totally normal for being so isolated for so many years.........i can assure you that although it is hard, this time can be a wonderful growing opportunity for you! i also know that surgery does indeed throw your chemistry off balance and many people experience the blues after, and being shunned by people you still love is indeed hurtful. my mother decided to call and shun me out of the blue about a month and a half ago, and finally after three weeks, i called her. then, she became very very ill and we thought we were going to lose her, so i have a flight to Waxahachie scheduled. have you ever been interested in anything like Tai Chi or walking? Both are very invigorating, yet relaxing and give you a free boost of feel good hormones while you're doing it. Finally, you have a friend in me, anytime...........i'll pm you my number.

hugs,

terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit