If you were stillajw ... what would you think if

by What-A-Coincidence 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

Good point Searcher, I think that's what everyone is getting at. All the negative, petty things that people controlled by a dub mentality would think, instead of a normal, caring, human response like "maybe I should call and see if he is ok".

• blondie
    blondie

I would think that someone had been extremely unkind to them and made it impossible for them to face any more cruelty. I would have confidence that God knows what it is our hearts and that the outward appearnce of piety would save no one.

• carla
    carla

.............'maybe he is ill, perhaps I better call round and see?' --- Would that be proper for a lowly r & f to do? Would a r & f think the other elders should check on him? Don't get me wrong, I think it is a lovely sentiment but I don't think it would really go that way for the average jw.

• Threestars
    Threestars

This is an interesting point, and I think it illustrates how the R & F dubs have had the normal human responses edited out of them by the Society's mind control.

Shunning of a DFed member who is going through a personal crisis is a fine example. In the "real" world a fellow human would at least offer assistance and/or condolence but those zombies just look the other way as if you are not there. The ones who do try to sneak in a little word of encouragement or a pat on the back do so with a hunted, frightened look on their faces. I don't think they believe that God will smite them but they are afraid that another dub will see and rat on them to the elders.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I would think that someone had been extremely unkind to them and made it impossible for them to face any more cruelty. I would have confidence that God knows what it is our hearts and that the outward appearnce of piety would save no one.

yes that is what i would think now.... but i guess that as a jw i would have thought...he has been stumbled, offended, and has given up.........loser

• ninja
    ninja

I would go round to where he is staying and ask him to go for a pint.....but tell him he is paying....I am only kind to a point...' )

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Real Active Witness= They have a problem and are weak

Regular Witness=Follow them.

abr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was an elder, another elder in the congregation sharing our hall was our substitute CO, and less
    than 1 year later, he's out. His wife remained a pioneer (for awhile, then a publisher) and he could
    be seen waving to the JW's while they were out in service. (After all, he did live right in the area and
    knew all these people who used to highly respect him kiss up to him.)

I was already in the doubting category, so I just wondered, "What made him decide to leave?"

Everyone else said he must have mentally snapped, or he wanted to cheat on his wife (no reason to
    believe that might be true). He was serving his sinful inclinations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit