The Bible Students still exist!!

by cultswatter 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Remember the dubs were called the Bible Students before Rutherford gave them the name Jehovahs witnesses. It looks like there was a split and some of the Bible students never accepted that name. Look at this site will ya

http://www.biblestudents.net/faq/

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yep, talk about being frozen in the past. They are quite fixated on Russell and his teachings. They also reproduce much of the older literature from the pre 1914 peroid. There are actually quite a number of differant groups that are like this and none of them are unified.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

This sounds a little familiar:

The Trinity
    We reject the doctrine of a 'Trinity'. This doctrine developed 300 years after Jesus and His Apostles died as a result of disputes within the orthodox church. The Bible teaches that Jesus was the Son of God, nowhere does it speak of him being 'God the Son'.

The Soul
    We also reject the idea of an "immortal soul" that goes to heaven at death. The Bible teaches that the only hope for eternal life is through a resurrection when Jesus returns.

Baptism
    We believe that baptism is an outward manifestation of ones consecration to the Lord, after they have been enlightened by His Holy Spirit. We believe that sprinkling of babies is not baptism.

The Lord's Return
    We believe that the Lord's promised return is not physical to the eye, but spiritual, an invisible presence.

• professor
    professor

I'd have to agree with the Bible Students in the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses were not really founded by Russell. I look at JW's as Rutherford's recruits from the Bible Students for his new religion. It resembled a corporate takeover. Rutherford assumed the assets but changed the mission statement and operations, downsized or replaced the management team, and lost most of the customer base along the way.

• kwr
    kwr

Yes, President Eisenhower's parents stayed bible students when Rutherford became WTBTS President.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah... I stumbled across this while poking around on the internet...

http://www.divineplan.org/

...pretty scary... plus it's right up the road in Dallas, TX.

Regards,

Jim TX

• minimus
    minimus

This just goes to show you that the Bible Students in ALL their incarnations have always been wrong.

• Arthur
    Arthur

There are a few of these groups that meet in the Los Angeles area where I live. I have a friend who has attended one of their Memorials. He said that it was eerily similar to the JW Memorial, in that the majority of those in attendance did not partake of the emblems.

From what I understand, there are a lot of ex-JWs that attend these groups in the LA area, especially older ex-JWs. I think that the close similarities in belief with JW theology attracts many ex-Witnesses.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    God knows those who are his, wherever they may be. Many will fulfill their consecration vows while holding prophetic expectations that are incorrect and will never be fulfilled. One thing is certain: our hearts must be fully in accord with respect for truth and righteousness, his word, the Bible, and the spirit found therein; and our dedication must be absolute. We must handle the word of God honestly, logically, reasonably and with full regard for the facts of history.
    It is evident that Bible Student numbers are shrinking, and that few members of the feet class remain on this side of the veil. This should not discourage us, but instead encourage us that our goal, the completion of the church, is nearer than when we first believed.

Gag!

• RR
    RR
    There are a few of these groups that meet in the Los Angeles area where I live. I have a friend who has attended one of their Memorials. He said that it was eerily similar to the JW Memorial, in that the majority of those in attendance did not partake of the emblems.

I find that strange. Bible Students in general, do not hqave a two cast system like the JW's do. Anyone who professes consecration is welcome to partake. It is possible that there are some who have not made that decision, either they are still "counting the cost" or have decided not to run the race.

From what I understand, there are a lot of ex-JWs that attend these groups in the LA area, especially older ex-JWs. I think that the close similarities in belief with JW theology attracts many ex-Witnesses.

That is a possibility. in the class I attended, we have a few former JW's who attended, but did not partake, and we also had family members of members who attended, but are not Bible Students. RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit