Had The Chat With My Mother

by sweet pea 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It might not happen, but I agree with Gary to plan for family to change attitudes.
    Plan for the elders to start trying to do something. They might. They might not.

As for me, I plan to totally duck the elders as much as possible. "No thanks, guys."

As for relatives that change, I don't know that there's much you can do. Dawg would
    say, if they shun you, who need's them? I guess that's about all you can say. Perhaps,
    try to remember what Mom said now, and remind her if she changes.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good points Gary. The Elders do want divisions in these families, and when they get the opportunity to make them they will act. I think this is a good thing for many here with family to reflect upon. Keeping open communication is good, but actually making the relationships deepr sould be the priority. You don't want your JW loved ones to let go of you eaisly, make it harder by showing lots of love, possibly even more after the cat is out of the bag.

• dawg
    dawg

Onthewayout,

I only say that because I feel that "evil triumps when good men do nothing"... I know all my thoughts aren't right and it may be better that many don't listen to me... my cousin don't believe; goes to the memorial just to keep his wife happy... he tells me last night that i screw things up taking it all on... hell, he may be right no one knows exactly what to do including myself... I just think it strange that they can talk about something that's had such a negtative impact on this family in such a high reguard and you can't offer even one word of dissent... that makes me feel like a coward and I just can't do it-I have to speak. They treat me different becasue I can't believe something there's no evidecen to believe, then tell me they won't assoicate with me if I don't believe it. And I can't! So I lash out and tell them what I really think about their stupid religion... and it's stupid too, the fact they built a mansion for the returing prophets would be enough evidence for most people.... but there's much much more than that. and what proof do they have that these MEN are inspired by God's spirit? None, and they destroy the family over that sh$%? Theyt defend these mansion building men while ignoring they have a son and I'm supposed to remain silent at their foolishness? Hell, I don't know.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I only say that because I feel that "evil triumps when good men do nothing"...

Dawg, you sound like a man of principles and I certainly admire that. It's frustrating when it seems so very clear to us what bs they make people swallow, and they can't just see it! But you have to remember that they live in extreme fear. They truly believe they have to shun in order to please God. They are so afraid of making a principled choice based on anything other than WTS doctrine. It's sad, sad, sad. Just be glad you are out, out, out!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Sounds great!!!! It also sounds like you have a great Mom..

Leslie

• dawg
    dawg

I agree with what you said Journey, but the fact that the WT is just men is really, really plain... there's physical evidence that these guys are frauds.. there's none that shows them having Gods spirit. I can't for the life of me understand why thery're so fooled; I guess you're right.. fear! Sure is frustrating although.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit