ammunity

by BR25 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BR25
    BR25

As you all know by now I am a jw backer, and in the first week on here I have gone back and forth with people. Alot of people on here have a problem with all the rules. In my opinion I dont think they were too hard to follow and most of it was stuff that you shouldnt be doing anyways. But since I am always a butthead on here, I thought I would ask something you might like, so here it goes.

If you were allowed to grant yourself one ammunity that you could have done that abided by the rules what would be your ammunity?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I just wish people here would ignore spelling mistakes :P

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I think BR25 means all the rules written and unwritten in the congregation?

#1 immunity would be NO SHUNNING. People should be free to associate with whomever they please, *especially* within families. Go ahead and make the nasty announcements, but do not punish people for who they then choose associate with.

This is probably the most hateful, inhumane, unChristian rule the Society enforces. It's actually one of the earmarks of a cult. I realize you back the JWs, but do they back you to make your own decisions about association, even immediate family?

Why can't they trust people to rely on their bible-trained conscience? If it equips one for dealing with the world, it should work even better in the congregation.

~Sue

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

BR25 I dont think a group of people that have prophecied falsely as many times as the witnesses and have demonstrated such a feeble understanding of the scriptures and life, have any business shaming people into commiting suicide by not taking a blood transfusions or availing themselves of various medical treatments. . In the past witnesses could not take vacinations or organ transplants. In more recent times, 80's forward I know an elder who has a kidney transplant. This light bulb thing they got going on is not good. If they were with God it would be a good light bulb right out of the box. The funky light bulb should tell you they are full of baloney.

In fact if you want to believe in the bible, the bible tells you to turn away and fllee from the false prophet. Or was that stone the false prophtet? Any ways false prophets are not good things in the good book.

I dont think you are really a JW backer, you just want us to help you work out your thinking process. Because Dubs are not allowed to come here. That should tell you something. Truth is not afraid of the light and stands up under scrutiny. What the tower is selling they have no faith in. Or they have no faith in you. One or the other. But it doesnt hold up under the light.

Oh yeah and about the rules. Apparently you cant follow them or are you special?

Witnoid= no free thought, no surfing the net. no jwd.

You need to take your brain and give it to your co, you are not worthy of it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I just wish people here would ignore spelling mistakes :P

Yo BigMouth!

• jeanV
    jeanV

BR25, rules are just part of the problem:

*** tschap.5p.46WhatIsThisThingCalled“Soul”? ***

And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?

*** w9112/1p.7IsAnyReligionGoodEnough?***

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true.

Can you prove the above statements not to apply to the WTBTS?

• carla
    carla

It still amazes me that jw's think people who want to leave the cult only because they can't or won't live up to all the rules. That right there should have evey jw stopping in their tracks thinking about the rules and why they are in place and where they came from. It is really sad that their minds have been tampered with to such an extent that they no longer can even imagine any other possibilities. Such as the wt being false prophets and everything they teach is false besides it being a mind numbing cult that destroys lives. To have the ability to imagine and ponder taken away is truly such a waste of human beings.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Let's see, BR25. So far you've brought up the two reasons JW console themselves why others leave. They miss partying on the holidays and there are "too many rules".

That is not anywhere near the reason I avoid the Witnesses. The many testimonies on this board make it clear that these are generally not the reasons former members leave. My key reason I would not get involved is that the Witnesses are NOT the sole purveyors of the "truth". They've twisted it and tried to own it. I must not follow "false gods".

Current WT practices that I find reprehensible include:

• A misinterpretation of the laws around blood that result in unneccessary Witness deaths.
    • The separation of mothers from their children over fear of "contamination" by the world. Any religion that preaches that kind of separation is absent of love.
    • Encouraging ALL Witness children to have the same ambition - field service - and diminishing higher education. This is stunting the future of millions of people.
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I dont think you are really a JW backer, you just want us to help you work out your thinking process. Because Dubs are not allowed to come here

I agree with jaguarbass,

I think you are trying to get us to justify why you are here, that you really do not back the jw's but you can't quite shake the brainwashing they have already done.

It's not about "the rules", people follow rules all day everyday, work, driving, school, local laws, but what we are talking about is the dangerous cult ways of the JW's. When an organization or person(s) try to tell you not to associate with your family members, how to raise your children, what married couples can and cannot do in the privacy of their home, how much time you have to spend preaching, going to meetings, what to do on vacations, and the list goes on and on and on........... That's what we are talking about.

It's bigger than "following the rules that people should be doing anyways". Every indivdual has the right to make his or her own choices, to question things that just don't quite make sense, to disagree with out the fear of loosing family, friends and for some the only lifestyle they have every known. Religion is a personal choice and should not be a requirement to maintain family ties!

IMHO

nj

• flipper
    flipper

BR25, my husband's family thinks the same way - that it's about the rules. They seemed to think he left so he could go wild out in the world. Not true - he is very honest, hardworking, kind, never been in trouble. He has helped his son (who left before him), and his son's friend (who would not be allowed by their JW families) to go to college, they are good students, not doing any of the crazy stuff the JW's are told he will do. They are honest and kindhearted people who left because of the lies about everything, hypocrisy, Nazi-like tattle-tale policies and cultish mind control. Both have found people in the world to be much more sincere, Christian, and trustworthy. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit