Post the weirdest conversation that you had with a JW

by jambon1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"...bizaar bizzar bizar (pick one) "- LOL white dove, I wont pick any of them but your weird experience reminds of a day my wife and I were visiting a friend, (CO's daughter and husband), and completely out of the blue tells us how fascinating it was to squat over a mirror and study her girl bits!!

Put me off sea food for life!

• veradico
    veradico

I just thought of another conversation. This happened during the witch hunt of the ex-elder who posts on here as Onesong. The PO came up to me after the meeting and said he wanted to know where I stood. I asked him what he meant, and he said, "Well, I want to use Jehovah's word for this. Let me find the scripture." He fumbled through his Bible for a while but was unable to find the passage he wanted. "Never mind. I wanted to read you the story of Jehu, Jehonadab, and Ahab. Right before Jehu goes to kill Ahab for apostasy, he asks Jehonadab, 'Is your heart complete with me?' And that’s what I want to ask you, Is your heart complete with me?" I thought, What do mean? You want me to join you in killing [Onesong]? This was the same man who, when I once told him I try to be objective, said, "There's a thin line between objectivity and apostasy."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe I will think of another specific account tomorrow, but here's one case of De Ja Vu.

I had a discussion with my JW mother about This Generation, and she switched to talking
    about why the end did not come in 1975. She spouted off about not knowing how long after
    Adam was created that Eve was created, and that perhaps there was a few years after that before
    she sinned, so the start of the 7th day of 7000 years is still unknown.

After she stated her understanding, I started to say out loud, "We don't teach that crap." but I
    caught myself before finishing and it came out like this: "We don't teach that (pause) nonsense."

Zoom forward months. My CO didn't want to listen to my concerns, and was already standing to walk out
    on our discussion. I quickly stated how I had been gaining doubt over This Generation and my
    research on 1975. I only had a couple minutes with him so I got right to the point and told him how
    my mother led me to research that showed why the end didn't come in 1975, but must come soon
    because...... (same things my mother told me about Eve). The CO started answering right away,
    he said: "We don't teach that (pause) nonsense."

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

My wife had been studying with the JW's for a while, and I was just beginning to decide I wanted to do something about it, so I started trying to tweak the JW's nerves by asking them questions...one of them was "So, if Adam and Eve were the only people, how did they fulfill the command to "be fruitful and multiply"? This was a back and forth conversation over a period of weeks, as the JWs kept stammering about and saying "we'll get back to you"...consulting elders, most likely.

Eventually the original question expanded to include "Then why did Cain have to be marked to prevent people from killing him, there WERE no other people" and "Who was Cain's wife then?" which lead to "Did Cain have sex with Eve to beget Enoch?". The culmination of all this was when eventually, after about a month of this back-and-forth of questions and answers, the JWs triumphantly informed me they had found out the final answer to the whole problem: Cain DID have sex with Eve, back then Jehovah had not yet banned incest, the only reason to ban incest was because in later days, when the race had become "less pure due to sin", Jehovah knew it would cause genetic problems. His original design was so perfect, that it was ok for them to have incest to populate the earth, because there would be no genetic problems.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The only thing that sticks in my memory is the service meeting talk when the brother was talking about this woman he and brother so and so met at the door early one Sat. morning. She came to the door just out of the shower and had a towel across her front, held with her arms, with the sides of the towel falling to the side of her body. It should have been ok, only there was a long mirror right behind her, and the brothers, being taller got a good view of her backside. . .as she genially conversed with them for several minutes, eventually accepting a WT/Awake. I don't remember the exact words or way that he said it, but the lewd look on his face (and the other guy's, who was visible to most in our congregation when he kind of stood, bowed and SMIRKED about the whole thing. Then the entire congregation kind of laughed, and theywent on to share tales of immodest householders. This happened when I was pre-pubescent, and I still remember feeling embarrassed for her, the wives of the brothers, and every householder that they were funning about. What a bunch of creeps.

• steve2
    steve2

When I was a mere 17 year-old pioneer, my JW grandfather accused me of stealing his bottle of port when I was staying with him and my grandmother and allegedly took it to one of my female Bible studies house and drank it all with her! Phew - what an accusation!!

The truth? He subsequently caught my grandmother drinking it late at night...she had been in the early stages of vascular dementia and swore that she could not remember doing it. Suffice to say, I was no longer the suspect!

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

One conversation that immediately comes to mind is one that I had with my mother....

We were talking about the fossil record and dinosaurs. And she claimed that the demons and satan had "planted" the dinosaur bones and other fossils, so they aren't real.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I quoted my father the July 1879 WT.

"A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God."

"That is correct!"

"But Satan is the father of the lie. How do you know he's telling you the truth?"

"Because it's The Truth."

The way I saw it was, that my father, after years of telling me how cunning a lier Satan was, had just prostituted that belief to defend his Watchtower. I lost all respect for him that afternoon.

I recognised that his mind was controlled by His Masters. His response did me a great favour. I finally clicked that I had been brought up in a cult.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I asked my parents, "What prophesy has the WT ever made that came true?"

My mother replied, "Christ's return in 1914". (Mum has been a JW since about 1940.)

Me. "In 1914 the WT was still teaching that Christ's return happened in 1874!"

Elder Wannabe (my son in law) pipes up, "That is correct!"

Result?

Instant change of subject.

I still hadn't learned how to deal with my parent's ability to change the subject when they are uncomfortable with the present one.

I had them by the balls and I let them slip though my fingers.

Bugger

Chris

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

OMGosh there are so many to choose from ......... Right before we faded my husband and I were talking about how truely strange many of our witness friends seemed to be . One conversation always comes to mind though . A rather wealthy sister and her daughter commented to me about how they couldn't wait for Armeggedon. They had their eye on this really beautiful house in our territory, and when the owners were destroyed they figured it would be theirs ! I looked at them with my mouth open then I said ," Well you know what , I think Jehovah will probably have the same standard for coveting and greediness that he has now ! So be careful what you wish for ." They both just went humffff well ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit