Post the weirdest conversation that you had with a JW

by jambon1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Another young JW believed that God and also satan controlled the world by using massive computers that were processing with their ultra powerful software all the massive amounts of info reaching them and responding accordingly, it was a very automated and impersonal process. Needless to say that Jehovah's computer could override and control satan's one at any time.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

was in a beautiful park enjoying some icecream with an old witless friend of mine. after talking about how great it was to be in the park and how pretty the scenery was she proceeded to finish her icecream and then toss the cup and spoon into a bush. asked her what she thought she was doing and she replied, "No big deal, I'll just pick it up in the new system!"

• White Dove
    White Dove

All along the WT,

I disagree about how hard it is to figure out where Cain got his wife. Where else could he get her than from among his sisters? His mother was already taken by Adam and his brothers would never let a murderer of their brother Abel have one of his girl cousins for a wife. I stick with that logical answer. So, he took one of his peer relatives. Also, how hard would it be to be so incredibly close to perfection and give birth to a good sized population over a period of close to 1,000 years. When Cain ran away and took his SISTER with him, the other people (brothers, sisters, cousins) would be so numerous that eventually it would be possible to not know some of them. He went to another part of the earth alone with his wife. There was plenty of time for all of this and all of those people multiplied like bunnies over around 1,000 years. I worded this dogmatically on purpose to get some arguements. I want to learn something and get more views on it:)

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"I disagree about how hard it is to figure out where Cain got his wife. Where else could he get her than from among his sisters? His mother was already taken by Adam and his brothers would never let a murderer of their brother Abel have one of his girl cousins for a wife. I stick with that logical answer. So, he took one of his peer relatives. Also, how hard would it be to be so incredibly close to perfection and give birth to a good sized population over a period of close to 1,000 years. When Cain ran away and took his SISTER with him, the other people (brothers, sisters, cousins) would be so numerous that eventually it would be possible to not know some of them. He went to another part of the earth alone with his wife. There was plenty of time for all of this and all of those people multiplied like bunnies over around 1,000 years. I worded this dogmatically on purpose to get some arguements. I want to learn something and get more views on it:)" - White Dove

Where else could he get her than from among his sisters?

There is no mention in the bible of any sisters having been born at the time of Cain's banishment. Only Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel supposedly existed at this time. In fact, the bible (as it exists today, at least) never gives the names of ANY daughters born to Adam and Eve. The Book of Jubilees however, does name 2 daughters, Azura and Awan. Awan is supposed to be Cain's wife. The Book of Jubilees however, was discarded from the canon of the bible centuries ago. Depending upon what sources you choose to believe in, there were either 1 (Eve) 2 (Eve and Lilith), 3 (Eve, Azura, and Awan) or 4 women in existence (all of the above).

Some scholars also mention the possibility of a 5th woman, who was actually the 2nd woman to be created (again, according to who you believe). As the story goes, Lilith was put off by the fact that Adam thought he was supposed to be dominant over her (world's first feminist/uppity woman), and she left him. Adam was all alone then, so god created another woman to replace Lilith. However, Adam, having seen the whole creation process; the mud turning to squirmy bloody internal organs and such, was disgusted by this new woman, even though the end result was beautiful. So god let her leave/put her out of Eden. This woman is never given a name, her fate is unknown (and interestingly enough, if you believe that this woman lived, there is a loophole in the original sin doctrine, she was long gone from the Garden of Eden before "the fall"). Eve was then created (third time's the charm?) "while Adam slept", so he wouldn't have to see all the gory details, and he was happy with her.

Also, how hard would it be to be so incredibly close to perfection and give birth to a good sized population over a period of close to 1,000 years.

That was my whole point in asking the question to those JWs in the first place. According to the bible, all of mankind came from 2 original ancestors. This is not a deep enough gene pool to produce generations of viable offspring, ie, all of mankind. Furthermore, the gene pool was restricted yet again by the account of the flood, where humanity is reduced to less than a dozen people. From a scientific standpoint, the whole thing is utterly ludicrous.

When Cain ran away and took his SISTER with him, the other people (brothers, sisters, cousins) would be so numerous that eventually it would be possible to not know some of them.

At the time Cain was banished, all the males in the bible at least, are named individuals. We're only into the second or third generation here, after all. Cain named the city he founded Enoch, after his firstborn son, so that makes 3 generations, Adam----->Cain----->Enoch. I could go on, with the list of generations of Adam, but that's done elsewhere on the net, I'm not gonna do your homework for you. Suffice to say that there are only 2 main original bloodlines, that of Cain, and that of Seth, and they branch out from there. I won't even get into Seth, since when he is born Eve calls him a "replacement" for her murdered son Abel, obviously then, he had to have been born AFTER Cain's banishment.

He went to another part of the earth alone with his wife.

Ok-thus again my question: "Why was Cain afraid of being killed if there were no other people around to kill him?". Further, biblical accounts vary on the translation of where Cain went. Some say he went to the "Land of Nod", which was just to the east of Eden. Not so far away, and not exactly what I would call a "different part of the earth". Other translations have it that he was cursed not just to leave Eden, but to wander continuously, never being allowed to settle down. Obviously, such translations cause a problem and are contrary to those that say he founded the city of Enoch; naming it after his son. Some even go as far as to say that 'being cursed to wander the earth" actually meant he had eternal life, literally cursed to wander the earth forever...some use this as a basis for a romanticized/biblical explanation of vampires and other myths of European folklore.

I don't want to hijack this thread, and this is going rather off the topic, so if you seriously wish to debate or discuss the issue further, feel free to start another thread, or ask me to...there is so much info about this subject that it's way too much to put on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit