What is your preferred method of communication?

by Crumpet 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was prompted to think further about this today when I was reading the following in a book called "HeadHunters":

"E-mails are a love of mine. I prefer them to communicating by word of mouth. You have time to reread them, to scrutinise every word, to weigh shades of meaning and study the phrasing of the reply."

I have to say the electronic communication whether it be on the boards, chat rooms or "old fashioned" email are easily preferable to me to talking on the phone or face to face. Before email I would have said letters, but email provides more of an instancy than the post, yet still time to ponder first in a way you can't in other formats.

What is your preferred method to communicate? Or does it vary depending on who you are communicating with?

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing is better than hearing one another. You sometimes lose in translation what another is saying by computer.

• ninja
    ninja

I dont have a mobile phone because I cant concentrate on speaking with someone I cant see...I get too distracted and start daydreaming....I too prefer the medium of writing....its good to tal....sorry write

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Face to face- this allows detection of nonverbal clues, allowing quick questioning and restatement to clarify the message' meaning.

Telephone and written communications can be cumbersome, in that one's interpretive skills may cause numerous back and forth messages that sometimes get hopelessly twisted out of context and meaning.

Smoke signals and blankets, as well as use of mirrors and other line- of -site methods are likewise cumbersome.

BA-

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Email! It doesn't interrupt me in the middle of something like the phone does. And the ring.... grrrrrr!!!! I HATE the ring of the telephone.

Perhaps this should be entitled your preferred method of getting in touch with someone. I prefer face to face communication over everything else.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Smoke signals and blankets, as well as use of mirrors and other line- of -site methods are likewise cumbersome.

BA-

LMAO Brother A!

ninja - I have a mobile but I don't use it for its primary purpose except in emergencies. I use it for texting - again the written word, or taking pictures or listening music. NEVER for receiving telephone calls! God forbid!

• fifi40
    fifi40

PIGEON.................USUALLY

• stillajwexelder
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I like e mails and written communication. I think that is the best form of communication. You can go back, reference and verify.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I like e mails and written communication. I think that is the best form of communication. You can go back, reference and verify.

Yes me too! For once we agree on something!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit