What is your preferred method of communication?

by Crumpet 40 Replies latest jw friends

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Face to face over a candle-lit dinner, moving onto face-to-face over a shared pillow.

tim

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Depends on the message.

Face to Face when I want results quick, or need to express something that means something.

Phone call when face to face won't work.

Email for everything else. If someone calls about something unimportant, I won't remember. Send an email, and I'll be able to reread it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

oh god I am sat here crying with laughter. I'm not sure who's response was the funniest.

That was great six of nine! Carmel, Sassy, Madame Q, Timbo - you are all so rude you one track minders you!

and whoever said "Telepathy - but I don't get too many responses" - hysterical!

I had never considered just how many forms of communication there are!

Loosie - you and me both - if we only had the phone to communicate when not face to face no one would hear from me either. Like Nosferatu and Abbigail - I loathe the phone. It makes me feel ill when it rings and so I have to have the ringer off at all times. When the caller ID is witheld I may be dying of curiosity but it could ring all day and I wouldnt answer it. I think the phone is possibly the worst way of communicating - well for me anyway. I panick and say anything to get the call over with.

This is what the next section of my book said which I agree with:

"When talking on the phone you involuntarily transmit undesirable elements of communication - intonations, inflections, accents, tones of voice - which indiscreetly convey information about the speaker: age, background, social class, state of mind. Emails confine themselves to pure meaning. [though I agree with moshe - I have had misunderstandings too]. They're devoid of parasitical adjuncts, devoid of anything you haven't expressly wanted to say. In an email you aren't what you are; you are what you want to be and show yourself to be."
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

5go...i knew you were going to say that

for me.....face to face

text

email

hate the phone...(with one or two special exceptions..you know who you are)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    hate the phone...(with one or two special exceptions..you know who you are)

Well I know its not me!

• free2think
    free2think

Talking in person or on the phone.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Email or text are my favourites, though it depends on who a I am communicating with

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I would have to say email.

Leslie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..It depends which mood I`m in..Right now..Baseball Bat!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think digital(fingers) combined with lingual(tongue) can convey a powerful message.

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit