It's all about appearances

by tamagotchi 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• tamagotchi
    tamagotchi

So far I've managed to keep service time to a minimum and I don't put my hand up to comment at the meetings and already certain ones are distancing themselves or not talking to me at all, I have to laugh!

I wonder if they think I've commited a serious sin well sorry to burst their bubble I haven't, well not yet anyway lol.

I find it funny everything is measured on what they see, but yet I have too but my faith in 8 guys who I don't know or have never met, too stand a chance of everlasting life.

There was a part in the watchtower this afternoon saying we should be thankful we are 1 in 1000 of people in the world who have accurate knowledge, give me a break.

• Divergent
    Divergent

It's funny how so many JW's seem to be oblivious to Matt 7:1 - "Stop judging that you may not be judged"

The constant judging that I faced & the unhappiness + frustration which I felt as a result of it was a key reason which contributed to my fade

• blondie
    blondie

We were shunned when my husband was an elder and I was a regular pioneer. It's all a social group. Those who have money are excused for not getting enough time in.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

• hoser
    hoser
    One brother I know calls it the Ed Sullivan religion. It's a really big show.
  • hoser
    hoser

Blondie

It's all a social group. Those who have money are excused for not getting enough time in.

in one congregation there a 2 elders who are filthy rich. Both pioneers but they always seem to be gone on vacation

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

we should be thankful we are 1 in 1000 of people in the world who have accurate knowledge.

Thats why the WTS/JWS has obviously made itself a pretentious lying corrupt commercialized fraud, since its inception as a religious publishing house !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

we should be thankful we are 1 in 1000 of people in the world who have accurate knowledge

If it is God's Will that all should come to accurate knowledge that NONE would be destroyed, then he sure picked a lousy PR group to handle his biz. Only 1 of 1000 -- totally unacceptable.

Doc

• Divergent
    Divergent

Why is only 1 person out of every thousand a witness? The usual answer given: Because Jehovah focuses on quality, NOT quantity

Oh wait... how many in the cong can you say are people of VERY GOOD QUALITY??? Many are miserable, down-hearted, tired-out & weary, drained & exhausted, not at all the "happiest people on earth" that they claim to be! Depression / mental disorders are widespread. Congs are full of people who are self-righteous, judgemental, quick to condemn others but oblivious to their own wrongdoings. Sex-abuse cases are rampant but are covered-up, with little or no action taken against the perpetrators. Are these people of QUALITY? Certainly not!!!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I wonder if they think I've commited a serious sin well sorry to burst their bubble I haven't, well not yet anyway lol."

Oh but you have committed the most evil of sins: You've posted information that is critical of Jehovah's organization - and on an "apostate website", no less! LOL

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Outward appearances indeed!

That is the VERY core of WT world!

That is the very reason I was deleted as a ministerial servant.... I was told that I was not seen out witnessing with the group, and was not answering enough! And that my 'personality' was not as 'happy' as before...(that one is true...cos I cant not fake it pretending to lap up all the crap spewed out at meetings and around witnesses!)

Yep...I kid you all not....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit