Participation - Commenting - Answering-Up

by IMHO 12 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

Call it what you want. Is it a privilege? Considering most do not want to do it given the choice. Is it just held up as a privilege so it can be taken away if wrongdoing occurs. If you're not doing it they have nothing to take away. Plus if it is such a benefit to us then why take away that benefit if we have done wrong surely we need more help and if commenting helps us surely we should be encouraged to do all the more so. -- Any comments appreciated!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Removal of privileges is a form of grounding (discipline).

• Zico
    Zico

I wonder if you could find this 'privilege' idea in the bible... Anyone who considers carrying microphones a privilege has to be under some kind of mind control.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

If you want to dicipline - do the opposite, make members comment, go in d2d, carry microphones, give talks....

YUKE, I'm glad I'm out of that horrible cult!!!!

• carla
    carla

Aren't there different levels of 'privileges' the elders pass out? There is commenting, carrying the coveted microphones and things like that. What about the 'privilege' of cleaning the hall? My jw had to go do that one day. I thought women were given that 'privilege'?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

A former friend, who was disfellowshipped for, at age 19, sexually assaulting a 16-year-old boy, got himself reinstated eventually, and is bitter that for the rest of his life, he will never have the privilege of microphone service or giving talks. He resents the suspicion this generates in every congregation he is in, where he is studying with young boys, taking them out on the preach... etc. He has never mentioned how grateful he is that nobody ever told the cops.

They all deserve each other, that's my opinion.

• zack
    zack

Tom Sawyer not only got his friends to whitewash his fence, he got them to PAY for the privilege, and got out of doing his own chores.

The JW's are just as slick. What are considered privileges are actually work. Who wants any extra work? Hardly anyone.

It's also used as a system of reward and punishment, especially for the JW male.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

More in house discipline huh........

• veen
    veen

It's a privilege because you have got something to do, rather than sit there being bored out of your mind being subconsciously brainwashed.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Commenting is a waste of time for the most part. All it really is, is adlibing what is already stated in the paragraphs, and you had better not add anything of do any deep thinking as this will confuse those who just swallow the diatribe from the mags. I laugh at the supposed book study, watchtower study, oh please there isn't one iota of real study put into any of them. You can't confuse them with the facts as they don't want to hear them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit