Participation - Commenting - Answering-Up

by IMHO 12 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

There are certain "privileges" only for baptized male JWs:

Elder

MS

Reading paragraphs at WT study (some also say at book study; but some say if only sisters, sisters can read paragraphs)

Giving prayers at meetings (sisters can pray at bible study if no brother is present)

Handling microphones, assisting with literature, magazines, territory, handling sound and stage; only baptized brothers fill out forms to work at quick builds (though I have seen sisters work there...do they fill out a form?)

Both men and women can answer at the meetings, give talks in the school (though in a somewhat different format), go door to door, return visits, bible studies, be appointed as auxiliary or regular pioneers, clean the KH and do landscaping (women are not the only ones who do the cleaning, in fact most often a male JW is there who has the key and coordinates the cleaning. I have seen men clean bathrooms and vacuum and take out the trash, but then it tends to be a low-level male in the congregation).

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

i must admit I enjoy commenting - always have

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I was terribly shy and hated commenting, but I was guilted into "contributing more" during the studies on several occasions.

Edit: I saw it more as an obligation than a privilege.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit