Undocumented Aliens - Further Exploitation

by bluesapphire 65 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

The problem is they could've done it LEGALLY but refuse to abide by US law along with the corporations that are not working with the immigration dept and playing by the rules . You can't legalize criminals , it's completey unprecedented. I think Bush may have had a solution when he said they all pay fines and keep their work permits current and maybe they will get legal status , depending on how they then abide by US law which is a huge part of legalizing people . You have to agree to assimilate to our society and abide by the laws of the land , breaking law is grounds for deportation during the probation period.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    The problem is they could've done it LEGALLY but refuse to abide by US law

That's my entire point: they make it so hard for them to do it legally that then they are faced with no choice. It's like a starving child stealing an apple. Could you blame him? Or would you blame a mother stealing a little milk for her hungry baby? These people don't have the same opportunities we have.

I have demonstrated how the proposed legislation wouldn't even allow me into the country legally and I have a pretty good income!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm pretty sure I've seen Heathen smoke pot.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hey Sixy! Been wondering where you were at.

So, Heathen smokes pot???? For medicinal reasons I'm assuming since it's against the law.

• heathen
    heathen

You are right it's illegal and if I got caught I would probly spend eternity in jail , just like if you cheat on income tax they will take everything you have put you jail and leave you with nothing. The government does put the screws to people on alot of very petty things and this issue is not petty. and I'm not advocating pot smoking or even admitting it just stating the fact that I'm a US citizen and yes we do have laws around here and no I don't think illegals should just get what they want.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

LOL, guess you got your feathers ruffled a bit there, Heathen. It's all in good ole fashioned debating gest since we couldn't have an opinion as part of a cult.

I'm not advocating no laws on this. I'm advocating that the laws be realistic and take into account that economically the undocumented workers are needed by us. If we have a bunch of laws put in place that are impossible for these people to follow, the problem will continue. I also feel that no one in power really WANTS to solve the problem.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

You are comparing legal immigration (which I am all for) with illegal. Apples and oranges.

I'm saying, "give them their papers, make the process of becoming legal attainable and we will have apples and apples." That's what I'm saying. If you're "for legal immigration" then why not legalize them?

Sure, reward them for breaking the law in the first place. Brilliant logic! Perhaps when someone goes and squats at your house you will give it up for them, and then pay the mortgage too? Better yet, there are thousands of people that are getting their status legally, they are paying for it, they are going throught the bureaucratic maze, I guess these should shut-up and go to the back of the line? What is more, most of the immigrants coming in legally are skilled labor, doctors, nurses, etc. The labor you wish to legalize is unskilled. Not a net gain for the economy, IMO.

It's the terms you choose to use that make you sound like a bigot, Ex-Jay. See your dictionary reference below and I will highlight that the term you CHOSE to use is a caustic way of expressing yourself about your fellow human beings and neighbors who only want a better life. Don't you think that choosing words is important? Do you want to alienate or find a solution?

1. an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy , esp. by an army.
    2. the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease .
    3. entrance as if to take possession or overrun : the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
    4. infringement by intrusion.

The term "invaders" about these people carries the above connotations. Even comparing them to a "disease". Calls them "enemies". Assumes they are here to "take posession and overrun." NONE of these terms accurately describes the situation. That's why the selection of this term implies you are a bigot. Maybe you're not. Maybe you just need to choose your words more carefully.

I did not use the term "invader" I simply aggree that it was the correct term. Perhaps you should take it up with Merriam Webster. But on the non-sarcastic side, what else can you call it? It is abundantly clear that illegal immigration is harmful and troublesome, and that it is an "infringement by intrusion" a definition that you ignored in order to attempt to make your point. However, that is not the issue. The real issue is why people like yourself are so intolerant of people that do not think in the exact same manner you do. I guess you would label the little Dutch boy as being bigoted against water for merely putting his finger in the dam that has a leak, or, calling a person warning people about rattlesnakes as being a herpophobe? I call some elements of the illegal alien contigent enemies because I have seen them attempt to burn the flag of my country. Desicrating it by stepping on it, and wiping it on the sidewalk. The funny thing is that, this was all done by the side you are so wholeheartedly defending, and by the side that wore the masks on March 25th, 2007 in downtown Los Angeles.

I am of the opinion that a single card that most be shown at the time of hire, which shows who the lawful holder of the issued Social Security number is would suffice. We already have that for credit cards, I don't think it is a stretch to ask for it with Social Security cards. It's simple, and it takes one of the biggest excuses away from corporations, that being that they cannot tell the difference between authentic and forged documents.

I am of the opinion that this "card" that you espouse should be within reasonable reach to the people who need it. Otherwise it's worthless and would solve nothing. I don't think you understand my argument.

It would be free to those that can prove their legal status in the Untied States. It's the same thing as the paper Social Security card, only with the magnetic strip that gives information the same as most driver's licenses, and credit crads.

Dry up the jobs and they will stop coming. Simple as that.

And then what? You claim to be looking into the "future". Tell us then, what happens after that? Don't you see that it is already known what would happen. This is the very reason no one truly wants to find a solution. Because the system right now works for those in power.

I agree that the system works for those in power. It works for Democrats too. Why do you think no one wants to solve it. What would happen? I live in Los Angeles, and when the infamous "Day Without a Mexican" happened last May 1, I and many other Angelenos got to work in record time. In fact, I actually had a seat on the bus that I took to work at that time. In fact, like every other "protest" the pro illegal side has had it returned the opposite effect it was intended to give. The movement is a failure because they are wrong. It is not about civil rights, it is about right and wrong.

When I see the day laborers at Home Depot and I have a job to get done, I hire them. I give them their asked for $10 per hour, feed them, give them something to drink and a bonus for their hard work. I would much rather do that than hire the bum across the street who says, "will work for food." Yeah, right he'll work for food.

So let me get this straight. Rather than calling LaborReady and getting either a citizen or a legal resident, you would rather break the law, and skirt the taxes and insurance? The homeless bum on the street is a red herring.

Yes, I do. Funny you still haven't answered the question that preceeded that. Was Cesar Chavez a bigot for protesting against the illegal alien strike breakers during La Causa, or like most who hold to the views you espouse are simply ignorant of the facts?

To be honest, I haven't had the time to look into your claims. I will later on today though and respond to this particular assertion of yours. Thanks!

Here is the quote and the link I am reffering to. The article was written be Ruben Navarette, Jr. He is a well known Reconquista, and is very active in the Latino community.

they were oblivious to, or unconcerned with, the historical fact that Cesar Chavez, a labor leader intent on protecting union membership, was as effective a surrogate for the INS as ever existed. Indeed, Chavez and the United Farm Workers Union he headed routinely reported, to the INS, for deportation, suspected illegal immigrants who served as strikebreakers or refused to unionize.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010130034700/http:/www.navarrette.com/column/970831.html

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    While were doing this we should just go ahead and bite the bullet and annex Canada too

Sure...like to see you try...Canadians are loved around the world and in a milisecond you'd have Britain, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany and every other democraticized country blowing you out of the water! The US would cease to exist - course the way its moving along on its own, I have to wonder how long it will remain a major player on the world stage... sammieswife.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Everytime we have one of these threads it makes me think of these good 'ol 'Murricans.... GO USA!!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Heck Fire! Even them gosh durn China folks is gud fer sumthin! (Satirical commentaries against racism is still ok, right Mods?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit