Undocumented Aliens - Further Exploitation

by bluesapphire 65 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Minister Amos said:

Whatever they "cost" is made up for in multiples by the fact that they:

1:Pay taxes but will never receive the benefits of them

Let's deal with theses issues line by line, and not with simple ascertions or bumper sticker slogans. What are the facts? When it comes to cost The Center for Immigration Studies cited a Census Bureau study (The study can be found here http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html that found illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 BILLION in costs to the Federal Government, and psid only $16 BILLION in taxes. That leaves a net deficit of over $10.4 BILLION, or $2,700 per illegal household.

2:Will never receive Social Security even though they pay for it

No, they will probably steal your identity, and you will have to pay for it. http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html

3:Will never receive Medicaid even though they pay for it

Really? Let's look at the same study. Medicaid costs are $2.5 BILLION; treatment for the uninsured is $2.2 BILLION; food assistance programs, ie. food stamps, WIC & free school lunches $1.9 BILLION. $6.6 BILLION! Funny how they get though.

4:Do not utilize public education even though they pay school taxes

If they don't utilize a public education system, then that is their own fault. I beg to differ on paying school taxes, since most school taxes are levied on property owners. However, with the current number of banks marketing to the illegal segment of the population, that may change. According to a 2003 Federation for American Immigration Reform study, the cost of a K-12 education for illegal alien children was at least $7.4 BILLION.

5:Usually accept less money which means you pay less for the same goods

Which undercuts hard working American citizens. I wonder if you have done any research on the drywall industry that thrived in the historically black south-central area of Los Angeles. It is interesting reading.

6:Are available. I can't stress how important this is after going through Ivan and Katrina. Without illegals, the roofs around here would STILL be covered in blue tarps.

Would they? I don't think so. I think that if contractors had to pay a fair wage to American citizens

Again, any "Cost" to the nation as a whole is insignificant compared to the benefits.

Based on the study, I don't see any net benefit with illegal immigration, I see a net deficit. IN fact I see a greater cost of human life as the result of illegal immigration. See for yourself here http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/

XJW: The signs on the local McDonalds offering $12 per hour came down right after local businesses were permitted to import Brazilians to solve their staffing problems.

Actually I kind of like having some Brazilian hotties so close to home! The beach is sooo much prettier as well!

You know, about a year ago, I said something similar, and in the same light hearted manner you did. Yet you threatened me with physical violence. Funny how hypocrisy has a way of showing itself in the of strangest places.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The Dems get cheap votes

Um, since when do they get to vote? It's more like the Republicans make it harder and harder to legalize and become a citizen so that the Dems WONT get the votes.

They do once they get amnesty. Remember 1986?

I hate to say this, but I have already gone around with you on this, and you still hold to the same tired and baseless ascertions. The chief one being that anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. Personally, this shows me exactly what sort of arguement you have...NONE.

I guess Cesar Chavez was a bigot also, since he was against illegal immigration back in 1968, when Chavez protested the growers' use of illegal immigrants to break the UFW strike! Be careful when you through around terms like bigot, because you never know when that will turn around and bite you on the butt.

• carla
    carla

No matter which side you side with, do you make your voice heard? What do you do personally? If you are all for illegal immigrants, do you sponsor a family yourself? do you frequent businesses known to hire illegals? On the flip side, if you are against illegal immigrants do you vote? In all the races, not just for president? Do you go out of your way not to frequent businesses that hire illegals? How do you make a tangible difference in the world? A letter only costs .39 cents, do you write your politicians?

Another blog- from a frustrated school teacher- (before you start throwing tomatoes at me, I didn't write it. Imagine yourself writing a letter to the wt in a moment of frustration, different subject, but severe frustration nontheless) (this blog actually caused a severe rift in a family I know, terrible, they won't talk to each other at all anymore because one agreed with it and the other didn't. ps-no Hispanics in the bunch either)

THE COST OF TOMATOES & MAIDS & GARDENERS

>From an American school teacher - - -

"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socio-economic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about South Gate High, Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, etc.- where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

One hundred percent of the students in this school and other Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free breakfast I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll --but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud.
    The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones.

The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for baby sitters or having family watch their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything....my budget was already substantial.

I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center; half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas" (whores) and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To my bleeding heart friends who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, Medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc., etc.

As for me, I'd be glad to pay more for my tomatoes. We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it.

Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our country. We should encourage and accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about "politically correct" that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

One other thing. Take a look at a march that took place in dowtown Los Angeles on March 25. See for yourself these "family values" that George Bush wants to keep importing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5XNhXRHRfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bvOY1_uBoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmgnxA8wbK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoS5ocr9Ry8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_eUjezOk9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3n8S6FCAsw

I can go on and on, but I think this paints the picture.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    The Center for Immigration Studies

Wow, calling a turd a rose doesn't make it smell any sweeter, and putting a well-researched, seemingly inocuous name on the KKK wouldn't lessen in any way their bigotry would it?

In all fairness you might not have read their mission statement. You might not have noticed that THEY PAY REPORTERS WHO GET ANTI-IMMIGRATION PAPERS PRINTED!

Can I repeat that? They pay reporters to print favorable (meaning anti-immigrant) stories!

Here is a quote from the site:

"Even though illegal aliens make little use of welfare, from which they are generally barred"

Isn't this in direct contradiction to the "facts" you copied from the site? How can you possibly give them credence when they directly contradict their own "facts".

Did you note that they don't just asses the "costs" of ILLEGAL immigration, but they also investigate the costs of immigration.

Did you really want to list people like this as "proof" that you are right? Anyway, don't know about you but people who don't speak English, have no skills, have no education and are here illegally are no threat to my job. If an American worker can't compete against that, then how can you possibly help them? How far would you have to lower the bar?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    The net deficit is caused by a low level of tax payments by immigrants, because they are disproportionately low-skilled and thus earn low wages, and a higher rate of consumption of government services, both because of their relative poverty and their higher fertility.

Notice that EXJWs "fair and balanced" web-site is not attacking ILLEGAL immigrants, but IMMIGRANTS.

Shall we go talk to the Japanese in NY about their "relative poverty" or all the Doctors coming here from India about their "low-skills"?

Maybe we should re-test the oriental kids when they score so much higher on average than white American kids on standardized tests?

Sorry man, but show some facts from a believable source rather than such an obviously racist group and I'll study it carefully. Like they say in TX, "I aint got no dawg in this here faight"

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Minister Amos said:

Let's deal with theses issues line by line, and not with simple ascertions or bumper sticker slogans. What are the facts? When it comes to cost The Center for Immigration Studies cited a Census Bureau study (The study can be found here http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html that found illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 BILLION in costs to the Federal Government, and psid only $16 BILLION in taxes. That leaves a net deficit of over $10.4 BILLION, or $2,700 per illegal household.

None of these take into account the benefits to the economy. Do you not agree that they benefit the local economies? That really is the issue. Otherwise it would be cut and dry. We NEED them here.

No, they will probably steal your identity, and you will have to pay for it.

Slogan

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html

If they don't utilize a public education system, then that is their own fault. I beg to differ on paying school taxes, since most school taxes are levied on property owners. However, with the current number of banks marketing to the illegal segment of the population, that may change. According to a 2003 Federation for American Immigration Reform study, the cost of a K-12 education for illegal alien children was at least $7.4 BILLION.

I work for an elementary school district. Most of our immigrants come from Korea. We do have a lot of Hispanics who are here legally though. The Legal Koreans are the ones who don't know English and are utilizing the SDAE teachers.

Which undercuts hard working American citizens. I wonder if you have done any research on the drywall industry that thrived in the historically black south-central area of Los Angeles. It is interesting reading.

It is not the fault of the men who don't have documents. It is the fault of the greedy corporations who hire them. This is the very root of the problem. If the workers had documents to work legally, they could claim the regular wage and when workers run out, drive the wage up as it should go up. So who benefits from keeping them illegal? This is the question to keep asking in this whole argument: Who benefits? That's the entire gist of my thread. I believe that no one really wants to resolve the problem because the government knows that our entire economic system would suffer greatly if either of the following happens: We deport all the illegals or we legalize them and they are allowed to earn what they should. Nevermind the cost to keep them here. The economy's benefits outweigh the tangible costs.

6:Are available. I can't stress how important this is after going through Ivan and Katrina. Without illegals, the roofs around here would STILL be covered in blue tarps.

Would they? I don't think so. I think that if contractors had to pay a fair wage to American citizens OR to legal residents! Correct or not? But who benefits from the illegal status of these hard-working laborers?

Again, any "Cost" to the nation as a whole is insignificant compared to the benefits.
    I hate to say this, but I have already gone around with you on this, and you still hold to the same tired and baseless ascertions. The chief one being that anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. Personally, this shows me exactly what sort of arguement you have...NONE.

You didn't "go around" with me. You argued your same old tired arguments that you are arguing here. So, is it okay to call these human beings who come here to work "invaders"? When I think of the term "invader" I think of war.You don't agree that it sounds like a bigotted and inhumane expression designed to depersonify humans who obviously do not intend to start a war with us?

Are you of the opinion that no one is a "bigot" then? If not, then under what circumstances is someone truly a "bigot"? Do you think the word should be struck from the English dictionary? Or can it actually be possible that sometimes people truly are or sound like bigots by their choice of words?

Be careful when you through around terms like bigot, because you never know when that will turn around and bite you on the butt.

LOL, too funny that you actually believe this.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    The Center for Immigration Studies

Wow, calling a turd a rose doesn't make it smell any sweeter, and putting a well-researched, seemingly inocuous name on the KKK wouldn't lessen in any way their bigotry would it?

In all fairness you might not have read their mission statement. You might not have noticed that THEY PAY REPORTERS WHO GET ANTI-IMMIGRATION PAPERS PRINTED!

Can I repeat that? They pay reporters to print favorable (meaning anti-immigrant) stories!

Proof? Or is this just another famous Minister Amos ascertion?

"Even though illegal aliens make little use of welfare, from which they are generally barred"

Isn't this in direct contradiction to the "facts" you copied from the site? How can you possibly give them credence when they directly contradict their own "facts".

Did you note that they don't just asses the "costs" of ILLEGAL immigration, but they also investigate the costs of immigration.

Did you really want to list people like this as "proof" that you are right? Anyway, don't know about you but people who don't speak English, have no skills, have no education and are here illegally are no threat to my job. If an American worker can't compete against that, then how can you possibly help them? How far would you have to lower the bar?

No, it is not a contradiction. It is common practice for social worker in Los Angeles county to NOT verify the immigration status of anyone applying for public assistance.

Listing sources, is not "proof" it is confirmation that my opinion is not an ascertion, but an opinion based on facts. I guess in the minds of many like you even facts are racist.

Besides, I love it when people like yourself use the term racist. It shows that you are losing the argument.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Minister Amos said:

None of these take into account the benefits to the economy. Do you not agree that they benefit the local economies? That really is the issue. Otherwise it would be cut and dry. We NEED them here.

Accoording to FAIR, illegal immigrants cost the State of California nearly $9 BILLION. http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/12/06/news/top_stories/19_56_5812_5_04.txt

No, they will probably steal your identity, and you will have to pay for it.

Slogan

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html

Call it what you will, but when the mainstream media confirms it as a fact, then what are you going to do? Call the media bigots, also?

I work for an elementary school district. Most of our immigrants come from Korea. We do have a lot of Hispanics who are here legally though. The Legal Koreans are the ones who don't know English and are utilizing the SDAE teachers.

You are comparing legal immigration (which I am all for) with illegal. Apples and oranges.

It is not the fault of the men who don't have documents. It is the fault of the greedy corporations who hire them . This is the very root of the problem. If the workers had documents to work legally, they could claim the regular wage and when workers run out, drive the wage up as it should go up. So who benefits from keeping them illegal? This is the question to keep asking in this whole argument: Who benefits? That's the entire gist of my thread. I believe that no one really wants to resolve the problem because the government knows that our entire economic system would suffer greatly if either of the following happens: We deport all the illegals or we legalize them and they are allowed to earn what they should. Nevermind the cost to keep them here. The economy's benefits outweigh the tangible costs.

You have no issue with me on this. I want the corporate fat cats to start doing the purp walk over illegal hiring practices. I don't think that will happen with Jorge W. in the Casa Blanca, nor do I think it will happen with a Dem as President. The reasons are simple. Corporations give to both parties equally! Secondly, people like yourself have labeled those of us that want the illegal invasion to stop as racists and bigots. And yes it is an invasion, please see definitions 3 and 4 below:

1.an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, esp. by an army.
    2.the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
    3.entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
    4.infringement by intrusion.

I am of the opinion that a single card that most be shown at the time of hire, which shows who the lawful holder of the issued Social Security number is would suffice. We already have that for credit cards, I don't think it is a stretch to ask for it with Social Security cards. It's simple, and it takes one of the biggest excuses away from corporations, that being that they cannot tell the difference between authentic and forged documents.

Dry up the jobs and they will stop coming. Simple as that.

Would they? I don't think so. I think that if contractors had to pay a fair wage to American citizens OR to legal residents! Correct or not? But who benefits from the illegal status of these hard-working laborers?

Legal residents are not the issue. Stop confusing it. As far as who benefits, why don't you ask the people that pick up day laborers in home improvement center parking lots? Or perhaps the people that contract to gardeners that may or may not have the right to work legally in the US? Or the old money in San Francisco's Nob Hill, which hire illegal British and Irsh women to be nannies? A lot of people benefit for illegal workers, not just corporate fat cats, though they are the highest profile offenders.

You didn't "go around" with me. You argued your same old tired arguments that you are arguing here. So, is it okay to call these human beings who come here to work "invaders"? When I think of the term "invader" I think of war.You don't agree that it sounds like a bigotted and inhumane expression designed to depersonify humans who obviously do not intend to start a war with us?

Are you of the opinion that no one is a "bigot" then? If not, then under what circumstances is someone truly a "bigot"? Do you think the word should be struck from the English dictionary? Or can it actually be possible that sometimes people truly are or sound like bigots by their choice of words?

As did you. There is nothing new here. You say that anyone that disagrees eith you is a bigot and a racist. Which is fine. It illustrates the fact that when you have lost the battle you only have name-calling to resort to. As for the rest of your tirade, yes I do believe that there are bigots and ricsts out there, and that now most of them cloak it with the veneer of liberalism. It keeps them comfortable. You see Minister Amos summed it up great. As long as it does not affect him personally he's not concerned. This is the reason why there is a problem. He only cares about the here and now. I am trying to make sure that future generations of Americans won't be born into a balkanized United States.

Be careful when you through around terms like bigot, because you never know when that will turn around and bite you on the butt.

LOL, too funny that you actually believe this.

Yes, I do. Funny you still haven't answered the question that preceeded that. Was Cesar Chavez a bigot for protesting against the illegal alien strike breakers during La Causa, or like most who hold to the views you espouse are simply ignorant of the facts?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    The Southern Poverty Law Center claims the CIS was founded and funded by John Tanton as an offshoot of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) [2][3].

Come on man, you really can't take them seriously with those sort of credentials. Go ahead and think that someone with no education, no skills, and "higher breeding rate" (to quote the CIS) is taking something off your plate if you want, but don't try to use such obvious racists to back-up your claim; it is virtually transparent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit