Undocumented Aliens - Further Exploitation

by bluesapphire 65 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The following is from: http://www.yahoo.com/s/552662

The following in red just glared out at me!!!

The plan would grant work visas to undocumented immigrants but require them to return home and pay hefty fines to become legal U.S. residents. They could apply for three-year work visas, dubbed "Z" visas, which would be renewable indefinitely but cost $3,500 each time.

Briefing reporters on Bush's flight to Arizona, Johndroe would not offer the president's position on the "Z" visas.

"There are a lot of proposals floating around out there," Johndroe said. "I don't want to negotiate from here. I'm going to let secretaries Chertoff and Gutierrez do that with members."

The undocumented workers would have legal status with the visas, but to become legal permanent residents with a green card, they'd have to return to their home country, apply at a U.S. embassy or consulate to re-enter legally and pay a $10,000 fine.

Sooooo, we need these workers to do our cheap labor but don't want to admit that we need the indentured servant system. So, we call it a "guest worker program" that disguises as US doing THEM a favor. And furthermore, we will extort from them great amounts of money to have the privilege of coming to the US and working for peanuts. And is this the way Americans treat their "guests"? The ones they need?

Where would this money go anyway? Would it go to creating new jobs for people who will get paid lots of money to enforce this program? To me it seems like it's a plan to make it impossible for them to become legalized so that they can continue to be exploited. Then we can blame it on them for not cooperating with the policies. I have a pretty good middle-income job. I could never afford to become legal under these circumstances. I don't think most middle-income people could either. So how on earth do they expect these poorest of people to be able to accomplish this?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Personally, I think arresting and charging some fat cat Coprorate types with hiring illegals would do more to stop illegal immigration than any of the programs Mr. Bush is currently pimping.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

It would be less hypocritical thats for sure. But I believe we dont want to truly solve the problem but rather keep the system in check while giving the appearance that were working on the problem. why get rid of a good thing?

• heathen
    heathen

I'm also sick of people thinking you are evil for wanting the illegals out of the country .I agree if they fine the greedy corporations that are encouraging illegals to come find work then the situation would change over night. They are and have been turning the clock back on whatever progress was made to give workers some rights in this country and are apparently getting rich off exploiting the poor again as has been the case through history . Somehow exploiting people is not as evil as wanting illegals out of the country. I've even heard people say the "christian" thing to do is to ignore the problem and let the illegals have their way. The "christian" thing to do is to tell people they need to come here legally and obey the laws of the land and stop exploiting people.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If you think that one stinks, don't investigate what happens to Jamaican workers brought in to harvest the sugar crop.

I find the whole process disgusting. Around here employers like fast-food and convenience stores are permitted to contract with foreign employment agencies to inport workers legally on "emergency" visas and pay them less than minimum-wage. This is the type of visa used to circumvent the rules and immediately import workers with vital skills. I guess because the local McDonalds doesn't feel like paying enough to attract the lazy-ass rich teens who live here that it constitutes an "emergency"?

Personally the level of corruption generated by business and government is unprecedented in that never before has the US Govt set out to do things that it was aware would negatively impact the quality of life of its citizens to improve the corporate bottom line.

And who benefits? Farking Wendy's and Burger King.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

If you think that one stinks, don't investigate what happens to Jamaican workers brought in to harvest the sugar crop.

I find the whole process disgusting. Around here employers like fast-food and convenience stores are permitted to contract with foreign employment agencies to inport workers legally on "emergency" visas and pay them less than minimum-wage. This is the type of visa used to circumvent the rules and immediately import workers with vital skills. I guess because the local McDonalds doesn't feel like paying enough to attract the lazy-ass rich teens who live here that it constitutes an "emergency"?

Personally the level of corruption generated by business and government is unprecedented in that never before has the US Govt set out to do things that it was aware would negatively impact the quality of life of its citizens to improve the corporate bottom line.

And who benefits? Farking Wendy's and Burger King.

No arguements there. My son as been looking for work at the fast-food joints for a year, and has found nothing. He is not a "lazy-ass rich teen," he just wants to earn money so he can quit sponging off of the ex and me.

It's not just the corporations that gain either. The Dems get cheap votes, and Repubs get more money into their coffers. The whole thing stinks.

• carla
    carla

Why not call them what they actually are? Illegal aliens. In my small hometown we have many, they get free health care, pay no school taxes or any other for that matter and use many services that drain the system leaving little for hard working (US citizens) poor people who do in fact work at the same low paying jobs these illegal aliens do. I know a number of families that do not qualify for many of the state funded programs because their income puts them just barely over the limit, yet the illegals benefit from all of the same programs. Why? because it is not politically correct to give poor white working families the same considerations.

Quote from another site:

Sidenote: The 'politically correct' will use neither 'illegal' nor 'alien' referencing these foreign invaders, preferring the less precise 'undocumented' immigrant. One might well wonder if their perversion of the language extends to considering the neighborhood drug dealer an 'undocumented (or unlicensed) pharmacist'.

Just a quick google on how much do illegal aliens cost us?

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

http://www.house.gov/garymiller/IllegalsCost2005.html

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Just a quick google on how much do illegal aliens cost us?

Whatever they "cost" is made up for in multiples by the fact that they:

1:Pay taxes but will never receive the benefits of them

2:Will never receive Social Security even though they pay for it

3:Will never receive Medicaid even though they pay for it

4:Do not utilize public education even though they pay school taxes

5:Usually accept less money which means you pay less for the same goods

6:Are available. I can't stress how important this is after going through Ivan and Katrina. Without illegals, the roofs around here would STILL be covered in blue tarps.

Again, any "Cost" to the nation as a whole is insignificant compared to the benefits.

XJW: The signs on the local McDonalds offering $12 per hour came down right after local businesses were permitted to import Brazilians to solve their staffing problems.

Actually I kind of like having some Brazilian hotties so close to home! The beach is sooo much prettier as well!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The Dems get cheap votes

Um, since when do they get to vote? It's more like the Republicans make it harder and harder to legalize and become a citizen so that the Dems WONT get the votes.

Why not call them what they actually are? Illegal aliens.

Maybe because that is a label. I'm sure they wouldn't be here "illegally" if there was a viable way for them to be here legally. That's the whole point of this topic, btw. Or do you think they want to be illegal and exploited?

no school taxes or any other for that matter

They must not purchase any goods at the grocery store or at the retailers. They must not smoke or purchase gasoline, etc. either. Because if they did, they would pay sales tax and thus contribute to your town's local economy .

I know a number of families that do not qualify for many of the state funded programs because their income puts them just barely over the limit,

While I'm sure there are families who could use assistance, this isn't the point of the post. Since you have given anectodal evidence, so will I. Go to any Home Depot any morning 7 days a week and you will find day workers there ready, willing and able to do ANY job you will give them for $10 bucks an hour. Ironically, right across the street there is a bum with a sign asking for money every single day too.

The 'politically correct' will use neither 'illegal' nor 'alien' referencing these foreign invaders, preferring the less precise 'undocumented' immigrant. One might well wonder if their perversion of the language extends to considering the neighborhood drug dealer an 'undocumented (or unlicensed) pharmacist'.

Maybe people don't want to sound like a pig-headed bigot by using terms like "foreign invaders." LOL Do you even read what you type before you post? What is your ancestry, American Indian?

I'm also sick of people thinking you are evil for wanting the illegals out of the country .

Yes, it's really a good thing to want anyone who is different from us out out out! Let's put them all in the colleseum and nuke it.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    In my small hometown we have many, they get free health care, pay no school taxes or any other for that matter and use many services that drain the system leaving little for hard working (US citizens) poor people

I've never understood the 'free' stuff that illegals get. I'm not being sarcastic - I just don't understand how an illegal or 12 million of them get this free care. You have to give a SSN to get a phone, get utilities and get a place to rent - so are all these people using stolen SSN's or what? How are they getting free health care? How are they going to school and stuff?

I do know theres some sort of 'legal' tax loophole that allows a person to get a TIN (temporary ID number) and use that for a lot of things but I wasn't sure if these people use that way or not. Also, are all the 12 million illegal or does this include the children born in the USA who are now American citizens by birth but born to illegal parents or a parent? I'm never sure when I hear these things.

The problem is easily fixed - there just isn't anyone with the balls to do it. Block off the access; deport all the illegal criminals currently in the prison system after using facial/iris scanning to ID them; charge any employer hiring an illegal a hefty fine ( lets say half a million) on a first offense and shut them down on the second; make it mandatory for all employers and businesses to check the SSN of any employee before they are hired; allow states and landlords/employers to refuse to hire or provide service to any person here illegally; grant immunity/amnesty to those who have been here for say 15 years and implement a secure, fair guest worker visa system.

A guy that I know was boasting about hiring a team of 'illegals' to work his ranch. He pays them less than regular help and lets face it - in the end, these guys are clearing his land, working his vineyards but he will reap the rewards when he sells. I don't buy the 'jobs people won't do' scenario as a reason for all this stuff - a good guest worker visa system would still provide jobs for people but they'd be covered under state laws and be entitled to a fair wage and living conditions. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit