I called Brooklyn

by mommy 38 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

Well there you have it, I can see it now. At the judicial committee, "Yes brother, i committed adultry but it was a historical affair. So we do not have to worry about this committee thing."

An official WT loophole has now been created.

• mommy
    mommy

Thank you all for your replies! As soon as I found out about this I wanted to call and see what they would say. Of course after my mother told me to as well, it was just icing on the cake.

I agree with you that this is just a time extender for them so they can get some important changes or material out there to support them. Personally for an active jw not to be affected by this will suprise me. How tainted and brainwashed can they be? There is a clear line drawn in the sand, a line they indoctrinated, and a line they crossed.

I can't wait to get more info as it comes in! thanks again for the comments.
    wendy

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I love the following statements from "Brooklyn"

He told me if they were it was more of a "historical thing"

Just what is that supposed to mean? How is it "historical" and what significance could just being a "historical" association have for the WTS?

and

and they are currently not associated.

So I guess we can assume that they were associated but now they're not so that makes it OK?

and

I then asked, "What kind of impact do you think this will have on active members after they realize this association?" He replied, He doubts tht it will have much of an impact.

Well that really sums up the opinion the WTS has of the r&f doesn't it? "They'll just believe and go along with anything we tell them and we can do whatever we want to."

I'm looking forward to the spin the GB will put on this one in the mags.

• ISP
    ISP

Hi mommy........you didn't get the holiday in Jamaica!!!Lol

Nice post!

ISP

• gumby
    gumby

If it was a "Historical Thing"....they would not have their name on the list as CURRENT members.

• Moxy
    Moxy

im really suprised he said the situation is not current. that implies there is something wrong with the situation. and it obviously IS current or at least very nearly current.

mox

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((((wendy))))))))))))))WTG!!!! luv,T

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Mommy,

Thanks for the latest WT spin!

Instead of using the word historical that bro should have said hysterical!

But just to humor them we can go with historical because it was just as wrong for WT to be associated with the Wild Beast ten years ago as it is today according to their own teachings.
    If they go with that senerio then they have to accept that their religion has been false and unclean up to at least the day they severed their ties with the UN.
    It just doesn’t wash does it?

Also Messengers analogy about a ” historical affair” is priceless!

Ranchette

• Mulan
    Mulan

Great job, Wendy!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• ISP
    ISP

Individuals Wife, you missed out on the holiday in Jamaica but there is the weekend in Kabul going?

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit