JW.ORG has jehovahs backing

by antes8080 22 Replies latest jw friends

• antes8080
    antes8080

Been hearing this from various people from the Cong that JW.org is a clear sign that god is directing the org.

I have various friends in the IT dept not only in Brooklyn but mexico and Colombia, just a fact there is 5 to 6 IT Dept all over the world that give support to Jworgie 24/7..

So i have ask them how they came up with the website wich is not the best but not the worst by far. all four of them told me the same story, there is a brother in Florida that is profesor of some kind computer class and as project he made them work on the website so students of these college helped launch this site.

so more like jah backing it has more like satan backing..

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah uses community college students as web designers?

He ought to consider paying more. As you say, while it is not the worst web site out there, it is not cutting edge, either.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

this story is 100% BS

i am at one of the main IT depts several times a year.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    If that is the case, then the JW God is pretty slow at embracing the wave of technology and current trends. The God I worship is not short of cash and considerably more innovative. He created everything right?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWs have been regularly conditioned to believe that "Satan's World" is always campaigning to snuff out the WTS's work, and that the only way it's continuing is due to God's backing.

Succeeding in getting a slick website (and televangelist-style webchannel) off the ground would therefore be viewed as a divinely-influenced victory to them.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Does it matter who designed it? The content is the issue not the design of the website, which as you stated is not the worst or best that is out there. The WT is in the middle to end of a massive rebranding operation...lets just see how it plays out.
  • millie210
    millie210

There was a thread recently about a brother in Fl who sold something to the Society(?) I dont remember all the details,

The reason it stuck out in my mind was because he had a lot of higher education and was a professor.

So maybe it was him?

• user100
    user100
    damn.. i just read that jw.org was hacked.. im guessing its only a matter of time though.. but I doubt anyone smart enough to hack will ever be a JW hence there will not be any hackers with any gripe against the jws.
  • antes8080
    antes8080

@millie2010 yes its the same one help with the app the broadcast and the site.

my point is that dubies take credit like jah made the site when it had outside higher education help..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

user100 - "I just read that JW(dot)org was hacked."

If it's true, I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Although I can't imagine what any hackers would actually be looking for; there's no way the pedo DB would be connected to the main site, and sabotaging the site just to punk the WTS seems kind of childish.

x

Know what would be really cool, though?

After hacking in, posting an open-access letter (ostensibly from the WTS itself) admitting all the things they've done wrong and containing a full-on apology directed at the people that they've victimized or harmed, with a heartfelt request for forgiveness and a pledge to reform the Org in the most positive and expediant manner they can, and signed, "your loving brothers, the Governing Body".

The WTS would look like complete assholes if they retracted it, but doing so would be a tacit admision that "God's website" had been compromised by "Satan's World".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit