New Policy on the Do Not Calls

by SirNose586 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If you're on the Do Not Call list and you live in the US, or if you want to join it so you can be left alone, I have good news: at the last meeting, the congregation was informed that from now on, "DNCs are supposed to be checked on by telephone, not at the door by publishers. Do not call to update the records. A group of brothers will be assigned to check on these by telephone."

How long did it take them to figure out that DNCs could be potentially violent? I wonder what in particular prompted them to change the policy?

• needproof
    needproof

How could they know the number?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

as long as the phone number is in the public phone book, (and not private) they can use reverse directory.

• badboy
    badboy

I WONDER IF IT IS LEGAL REASONS OR SOMETHING ?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm guessing they will ask for a telephone number when the person requests not to be called on.

I think it would be excellent if the general public could be advised of this possibility en masse. I'd love to see bethels all over the world inundated with people asking to be added to the list!

• badboy
    badboy

CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We are a do not call, and being da'd they don't bother us, but I reckon a lot of people who never were jws would rather they didn't call either.

I think it would be excellent if the general public could be advised of this possibility en mas

So do we Crumpet, we will be spreading the word.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A publisher could feel forced to go to the door, sent by an elder, and therefore sue the WTS if something bad happened to them.

Back in my old hall - when I was pioneering - the elders would send us pioneers to go. Of course, most of the time I just never went because I didn't feel like trespassing onto someone's property (country territory) again when they have clearly expressed their desire for us not to come back. I would just update the date on the territory card.

[I hate that word with a passion!!! "Territory" Everytime I heard it I owuld get a knot in my stomach!]

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

got a twitchy finger today...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I WONDER IF IT IS LEGAL REASONS OR SOMETHING ?

It probably is. Everything goes back to the courts. You know they wouldn't care unless it could get them in trouble.

I'm guessing they will ask for a telephone number when the person requests not to be called on.

I think it would be excellent if the general public could be advised of this possibility en masse. I'd love to see bethels all over the world inundated with people asking to be added to the list!

Nothing was said about getting the numbers; I don't think we'll be getting their numbers. Besides, that's an invasion of privacy if they instruct dubs to collect phone numbers from DNCs! And yes my children, go spread the good news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit