New Policy on the Do Not Calls

by SirNose586 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

That means I will not be invited back to hear the Watchtower's LIFE-SAVING message of doom and gloom their demon god is soon going to wreak havoc and destruction down on everyone who is not a Jay dubya.

I have wireless technology and my provider does not provide my cell phone numbers or my IP address to apostate religious cults that deny Jesus.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I wonder how they get that "do not call" means "except it's OK to go ahead and call on the phone just to make sure you really meant do not call." Idiots. Do not call means do not call.

The one justification for bothering DNCs was always that the person may have moved, or their feelings might be changed. I never thought it was a good idea to check up year after year on a person. There's a difference between getting a DNC in '93 or '89 and checking up on it...versus getting one in 2005 and checking on it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Over here we were never vigorous at checking DNC's . Occasionally a brave elder or zealous Pioneer might knock to confirm it, if it was old , but generally we tried to leave 'em alone. [ with a self righteous attitude' They have made their choice and Jehovah will deal with them' ]

Of course when two publishers worked a street they were usually so engrossed in their own private conversation that they forgot to miss the door anyway -

• minimus
    minimus

If you're in the database not to be given a call, even on your cellphone, all you have to do is report them to the gov't agency and they can get into trouble.

• metatron
    metatron

Is it just possible that this is another small step in reducing the "preaching" work?

Little by little, legal liability is trimming away at Watchtower efforts to go door to door.

The biggest thing to be desired is for courts to establish deep pocket liability for the Watchtower

for anyone sent forth with its "products".

metatron

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's no good for the persons that don't want to get pestered by the JWs if they will still get disturbed by them through the phone. Why don't they respect their wish not to be contacted by the JWs?

• blondie
    blondie

FCC
    1. calls from organizations with which you have an "established a business relationship" (within the past 18 months or up to 3 months from inquiry)
    2. calls for which you have given prior written consent (evidenced by a signed, written agreement between consumer and seller which states that consumer agrees to be contacted by this seller and includes the telephone number to which the calls may be placed - such consent effective unless and until this consumer requests to be placed on "internal" DNC list)
    3. calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations
    4. calls by a telemarketer in which the telemarketer making the call has a personal relationship with recipient of the call (limited to families, friends, and acquaintances)
    5. calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements

http://www3.dncsolution.com/marketing/12.asp

• horrible life
    horrible life

Here in the US, this website is the one-stop shopping for all of your information. Most of it is free.

Play with this website, and you will find, that you can run, but you can not hidel

http://www.whitepages.com/10001/reverse_address

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit