If every one was an atheist they would not go to war knowing when they die

by jaguarbass 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

jag,

I think your hatred of religion has blinded you to the nature of people.

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

One thing that has attracted many to JWD, myself included, is the unconditional love so readily found here.

IMHO. Atheism combined with secular humanism is the pinnacle of unconditional love. Kind, altruistic acts are thusly encouraged purely for the positive effect they will have as opposed to performing them in an attempt to please some distant, extremely confounding, masterfully well-hidden superior entity.

Nvr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    IMHO. Atheism combined with secular humanism is the pinnacle of unconditional love. Kind, altruistic acts are thusly encouraged purely for the positive effect they will have as opposed to performing them in an attempt to please some distant, extremely confounding, masterfully well-hidden superior entity.

IMHO too o great NVR ... after looking up big words in the dictionary

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

there are probably many atheists who regularily worship their country or consumerism.

i don't think that religion causes wars. i think that religion just gives people an excuse to behave like animals.

and on the other hand, i know for a fact there are very religious people who would never join the army, and atheists who do join the army and kill people.

having a lack of belief about some ancient tribal god isn't where the journey stops. if we are to truly evolve psychologically, we have to get past all the religion, including the mall or the whitehouse or whatever company we work for or club we belong to.

i mean, as long as we are using labels like this, we should know that we belong to a group, and no group is guiltless. i'm an atheist, and so was stalin. does that make me stalin? are all xians george bush? are all muslims osama bin laden? are all jews sharon?

tetra

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Excellent points tetra. I get you brother. Labels are devices we use to more readilly identify ourselves to like-minded individuals. However, labels tend to over-simplify the greater issues at hand. Again, very succint expression brother.

Nvr

• Gill
    Gill

I have to disagree a little. I think that if everyone was Buddhist, or just believed in reincarnation there would be less wars.

I have some stats somewhere which I'll look up if you want, but it concerned the trials of people in India for crimes such as homicide during British rules compared to their religion. There were less Buddhists than any other religion on trial for any crime at all.

The life after death as a reward is a good method of persuasion of young men and women to die for the causes of their leaders. However, in reincarnation a person goes onto another life and pays the price or reaps the rewards depending on how well they treated everyone and everything......hence extreme Buddhists not killing flys etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit