If every one was an atheist they would not go to war knowing when they die

by jaguarbass 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Have you ever thought one of the main reasons we have religion is so people like George Bush and Osama Bin Ladin (Kings) can get young men to die in battle for them. To furhter their economic and Hedonistic pursuits.

This goes all the way back to bible times, the Israelites conquering the promised land for the ruling levitical priesthood.

If every one was an atheist they would not go to war knowing when they die, that is it. At least not in a former wealthy society like the united states.

The bible& the koran are to serve the kings, rulers to further their agendas of world domination. And to dominate the masses.

They tell you having all the sex you want with whoever you want is wrong so they can controll you and get you to work for them, paying taxes.

If you follow the money trail, you will get a glimpse of what is motivating and promoting events and circumstances.

I say make love not war.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

good point...don't forget the KAMAKAZEE

yes...Make luv...lots of 'luv'

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

yes...Make luv...lots of 'luv'

WAC, I'll see your lots of "luv" and raise you lots and lots more. LOL!

Cool thread jaguarbass! Athiests really do make the best neighbors, locally and internationally.

Nvr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Athiests really do make the best neighbors, locally and internationally

I second that

• rmt1
    rmt1

I believe you are getting at one of the fundamental truths of existence: conservative Biblically-literalist sexually-abstentionist fundamentalists perform the work of evolution better than do their liberal opposites, who outthink evolution so much that their birth rate drops. IOW, conservative Biblically-literalist sexually-abstentionist fundamentalists harness and channel the power of matrimonial sex more directly into the breeding of future soldiers and patrician wives so as to fill the earth, subdue it, abuse it, exploit it, and exhaust it, all unbeknownst and according to the god named GENE, whom they mistake for some Mesopotamian cumulonimbus herm. Such soldiers with a clearly internalized vision of their afterlife have less problem selling their current existence than would an atheist soldier (look up Hamilton's Rule); atheists who trust to no future sentient existence have only the shaky faith that they might be carried on in public memory for having lived good and meaningful lives. Nihilist anarchist atheists, I firmly suppose, are much much rarer than conservative Biblically-literalist sexually-abstentionist fundamentalists would have anyone believe. The average for atheists, I firmly suppose, would be people who seek solutions in the here and now, because they are quite certain, in an adult fashion, that help in not coming from anywhere or anywhen else. OOPs I must clarify that conservative Biblically-literalist sexually-abstentionist fundamentalists does nto exclusively refer to JWs but might conceivably include a certain cabal in Washington.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    The average for atheists, I firmly suppose, would be people who seek solutions in the here and now, because they are quite certain, in an adult fashion, that help in not coming from anywhere or anywhen else.

Your firm supposition is most accurate rmt1,my friend.

Nvr (the reverent atheist)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    they would not go to war knowing when they die, that is it.

atheists are just as willing to die for a cause they believe in as god followers. Just not as willing to be duped into a stupid war.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Jaguarbass:

You make a good argument and no doubt religion helps
    in "recruiting" individuals for warfare.

However, say that there was no religion, men could
    still fan the flames of war with patriotism.

Recall the master race ideology. He did not need religion
    to cause the second world war.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I'm with IP_SEC and The Wanderer on this one. People can be real ass-hats and it doesn't take religion to make them that way (though it seems to help).

A thought just occured to me: Wasn't religion banned in the USSR? They seemed kinda uber scary for awhile. I realize there's a difference between government banning religion and the people actually obeying and not being religious, or whatever, but I still think the point is valid. (it's late here, so I may realize later that what I just said was stupid. Oh well)

Just a thought.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As far as I know Hitler used the Catholic Church in Germany to promote, sanction and bless his war.

Durnig world war 2 the Russians were fighting for their freedom, they were invaded by Hitler.

Atheist will fight for their freedom.

I am talking primarily about sheeple in the United States going to war for Bushes made up war on terrorism. Bin Laden was not in Iraq nor were the weapons of mass destruction.

Many in the US armies believe in God and heaven and if they die their gwine up to heaven.

Then another percent joined the military because the US economie is so bad that the military pays more when you consider the housing benefit, health care and pay than many semi skilled jobs in America.

So I guess the military will get the poor, god or no god. But God probably makes the recruits more manageable. And easier to recruit.

A very small percentage of well to do people will go to war for their country. Look at Bushes daughters, neither are helping their daddy out by going to Iraq for thier countries army. That makes me think Bush and chilren are atheist but they play the christian card to get the vote.

And Bush himself avoided viet nam like the plauge. King George I, must have been a Christian, because Im pretty sure he was a legitimate fighter pilot. But, a terrible president and leader and the raiser of an aXXwhole son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit