Jesus in the Passover - The Origins of the Memorial Meal

by AlphaOmega 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Your view is incorrect on all counts. But thanks for posting. I'm glad to see that all ideas are respected on this forum.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Santisimo,

Your welcome. It is nice to meet someone so enlightening on the subject.

Joseph

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I'm confused...

Whose view is this referring to?

Your view is incorrect on all counts. But thanks for posting. I'm glad to see that all ideas are respected on this forum.

AO

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

AlphaOmega,

No telling. It appeared to refer to me. Yet this is the best such effort that I have come to expect from most.

Joseph

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

No telling. It appeared to refer to me. Yet this is the best such effort that I have come to expect from most.

Joseph

Oh. I took it personally too.

Thanks to your post (Joseph), I am now looking into Judaism more. Something struck me about the topic of my post and the other feasts...

I thought that traditionally, the time that Jesus was killed was supposed to be the exact time that the Lambs were being slaughtered. If that is the case, how could Jesus and his disciples eat the Passover Seder the night before???

AO

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I thought that traditionally, the time that Jesus was killed was supposed to be the exact time that the Lambs were being slaughtered. If that is the case, how could Jesus and his disciples eat the Passover Seder the night before???

AlphaOmega,

Yes how could they? But because the word Passover is used for both events they assume the time of such killing and our Lord's death must be coincident. Yet no verse exists to support this tradition and our Lord certainly did not think so. Lu 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: So a fictitious and earlier meal is invented to explain all this away. And few know that Passover embraces 7 days and not one meal. It features Unleavened Bread as its major component or holy meal not the Lamb and was originally named after this Unleavened bread which is also identified as Passover. Our Communion with our Lord does not consist of Lamb or Lambs blood but Unleavened bread and wine. Such differences between the prophetic significance and the reality also involve the timing of such realities. You know that Herod and Pilate lived at opposite ends of the city and the trip back and forth was not just a matter of minutes. Neither was a trip to Calvary. Time itself does not permit for the short span of time nearly everyone attributes to our Lord's captivity and death. Our Lord was nailed up at three o'clock. But no one asks if it was daytime or nighttime. Three o'clock at night would be 9PM which means our Lord survived for some 18 hours before his death the next afternoon. All this was clearly revealed in the texts but no one is paying attention. I Hope you are able to resolve all this for yourself. Secular material will be of little help on it.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit