Another Tattoo Thread-To ink or not to ink - that was the question

by Crumpet 59 Replies latest jw friends

• The Humper
    The Humper

Satan's Little Helper- its not cover up, and the blue in the fish was just part of the paper copy they use to put tat design's on the skin. anyone who has ever gotten a tat knows what im talking about. and yes im going to add color to it. this is only about 2 months old. in another 2 months im going to have the giesha colored in.

Crumpet- thanks for the compliments on my wife.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Humper, it looked like the tattooist had started shading in blue on the tail - when I had my last piece done the guy did a load of shading in grey in the same session as the linework. I like the design, Japanese artwork always suits tattoos well for some reason.

• The Humper
    The Humper

im going for more of an orangeish yellowish look for the fish, with some shadeing. didnt really have any time to do the shading as i was already in there for 10.5hrs total just to get to the point where its at in the pictures.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Don't know which I'm more impressed with - the tattoo or you're post about the day in question!

How does Aloe Vera go as regards tattoos - does anyone know? Reason I ask is I believe its the only product hospitals allow on childrens burns - must be 100% though.

I can guess which will bring you the most pleasure - time will tell even if you won't!

Have fun!

Ray(Crusoe) -already regretting this alias - I was on a journey at the time - from I don't know where I've been to I don't know where I'm going!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    How does Aloe Vera go as regards tattoos - does anyone know? Reason I ask is I believe its the only product hospitals allow on childrens burns - must be 100% though.

Nope no aloe vera. You don't put anything on it except savlon twice a day.

The colouring is starting to dry out now so I'm guessing this when the scabbing starts.

I have to say the blisters on my feet for the first season's wearing of sandals was a 100 times more painful than the tattoo. Ladies will know what I am talking about. Incidentally does anyone know of ways to avoid getting blisters from sandals each year? Short of mummifying the whole foot with Elastoplast! There's got to be a way surely!!!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Aloe Vera is very good for helping tattoos heal, it stops the tat from drying out and scabbing too much and the skin from flaking badly. Of the 5 times I have been done, the best thing I found was a hemp oil based product that was similar to vaseline. Whatever you do, do not pick the scabs; if you do you end up with holes in the tatt because picking it makes your skin scar.

• The Humper
    The Humper

this is what i use. its by far the best thing me or my wife has used on our tats. she uses the baby one though as she has a bit more sensitive skin. i put this stuff on 3 times a day and my skin was very well moisturized. since its a 24hr moisturizer putting it on 3 times a day really helped alot. but for the first day i use bacitracin antibacterial ointment. then i use the aveeno lotion.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I apply a very liberal application of Vitamin A&D ointment the next first thing the next morning, and then I use extra strength Lubriderm every morning, afternoon, and then before bed, i apply Bag Balm http://www.bagbalm.com/ .

One thing to remember is that every artist has different aftercare rules / suggestions, and people who get tattooed often develop their own aftercare methods as well.

Same thing goes with piercing aftercare... some people soak everything in sea salt twice a day, some people just leave it the hell alone... Its all experience and personal preference.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Aloe Vera is very good for helping tattoos heal, it stops the tat from drying out and scabbing too much and the skin from flaking badly. Of the 5 times I have been done, the best thing I found was a hemp oil based product that was similar to vaseline. Whatever you do, do not pick the scabs; if you do you end up with holes in the tatt because picking it makes your skin scar.

Thanks for the clarification Richie. I think I might get some aloe vera then as the other products mentioned above are not available here. It is starting to dry out in the poppy area and I really dont want to have holes in it, although actually if they were in the right places it could represent the decay of religion. LOL - I have a symbolic meaning for everything. I am most tempted to go and get another done today but I am going to resist and see how this one heals up first. Its my body right and if I want to draw on it I can. I'd love to have a serpent down one side of my body, just to look at and make it sinuously move around. I'm definitely having a seahorse, spider and purple thistle but haven't decided on my method of grouping yet.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Crumpet, if you drop into any tatt shop locally you will probably find that you can pick up the hemp based vaseline product. It's a very small pot but it is highly effective.

If you want to go for Aloe Vera then go to Boots Chemist and look at their suntan lotion section. They sell Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel as an after sun, it's pretty darn good and you can also use it when you get sunburnt!

To be honest any moisturiser will work if you apply it regularly, you're trying to ensure that the tattoo does not dry out too much and the moisture aids the healing process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit