Would you have married a non JW

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you were a good active JW, would you have considered marrying a non JW or was this completely out of the question.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

When I was brainwashed into thinking that only JW make good mates and it was wrong, I would have never married a non witness, but it only took 8 months out to change that thinking.

abr

• lilybird
    lilybird

Nope I would never have considered it.. My mother always taught me from when I was young that "worldly" guys were scary and I believed her.. I was scared to think of dating them .. never mind marrying one.. but now both my husband and I are disasociated.. I guess I am married to a "worldly" guy.. he's not so scary..

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

No I wouldn't. I didn't really know any eligible non-jw females when I was a jw anyway.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Hell no. Actuallly I started seeing a hard core dubby ... glad it didn't work out.

good question dawg, i mean rat

NOW I AM LOOKING FOR AN APOSTA HOTTA/BABE...IF U R OUT THERE...PM ME

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thought about it a lot. Had two looooooooooong term relationships with non JW.

Aside from the obvious, I figured everything would be a source of contention but the meeting attendance and blood issue with children were the ones that stopped me.

I should have married one, but I didn't have the guts to do it. I am very sorry about that.

• sinis
    sinis

I would not have even considered it. Now, being out of the Borg and married to a JW, I wish I had married an "unbeliever" as my "believing" wife now believes we are unevenly yoked So where it goes from here no one knows, most days I try not to think about it and just live life. In reality its all bullshit, and I wish most JW's would/could wake up as actions/beliefs like this are counterproductive to life and basically is a waste of time! God, knows I don't have a lot of this commodity (time) and with what little I have it would be nice to live in peace. Fucking JW's - I will curse those bastards until the day they put me in a pine box...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I wouldn't date this really nice guy in High School because he wasn't a dub. Married a total jerk dub and lived in misery for 30 years. Fortunately the really nice guy looked me up (Classmates.com) and we've been married now for 7 happy years. Beter late than never.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

NO, I would not have.

and even DF for nine years I still would not.

purps

• pratt1
    pratt1

There is no way I would have married a non Dub girl.

Anyway, what "worldly" woman with any self esteem would have married the chavnistic, domineering, know it all that I was at that time?

I would have made her life miserable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit