Why does grandma have a picture of Charles Russel hanging in her room?

by FourMs 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I didn't know Charles Russell was hung in your Grandma's room!

Was he well hung?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Is she old enough to remember him? He's been dead over 90 years after all.

Maybe her parents met him at some time, and she inherited the photo from them.

I have never seen Russell hanging on anyone else's wall.

• anewme
    anewme

We just dont realize how weird we appear to others sometimes.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Maybe your grandma got tired of her Z Z Top band pictures...

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan and Lawerence........Russell's beard was cooooool.

• FourMs
    FourMs

No, her name is not Rose Ball, but my grandma is a long time witness. I was a fourth generation witness, so that gives you an idea of how old she is, and stuck in her ways. I just find it weird that even when my grandpa was alive, they had that giant portrait picture hanging in plain sight. Grandpa was a very active and well known witness too. He studied with hundreds and was known all over the place. I suppose it is possible that their parents had met Russel way back when. Anyways, thanks for all your input…

Nathan Natas: Obviously my grandma thought he was well hung.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I guess we all look up to the ones we want to, to me is sounds a bit like creature worship no matter how you slice it. she wont get counceled on it but I bet if it was another witness with a picture of Christ, then we would have a problem.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Russell is not the real spiritual father of the JWs it is really Rutherford that got them into their current mind set, it's the Bible Students that are the real Russellites whereas the JWs rejected most of his teachings, though no doubt something of him remains in them. The JWs must claim him because they must justify inheriting and holding the corporation he had set up.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Does grandad know grandma has Charles Russel in her comfort zone?

• VM44
    VM44

Poor Judge Rutherford, I don't think anyone ever hung a picture of him in their living room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit