Why does grandma have a picture of Charles Russel hanging in her room?

by FourMs 21 Replies latest jw friends

• FourMs
    FourMs

Does anyone else know of someone who has a hanging picture of Russel out where everyone else can see it? I don't get that. My grandma is the most "spiritual" person I know. Isn't that "idol worship"? She is so proud of that picture.

Anyways, just curious.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Isn't that "idol worship"?

It is according to the watchwankers.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

A "hanging" picture of Russell- now that begs me to photoshop one!

BA- Who knew?

• Arthur
    Arthur

That's classic. It reminds me of those banana republics where every household has a huge picture of the country's dictator hanging over the kitchen table.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Is your Grandma a Witness?

Usually, those who have a picture of Russell in their home are part of the original Bible Students. No respectable JW would have one in plain view. The Bible Students are still around and doing well.

It's hard to believe in this day and age that people still look at Russell as the Laodecean Messenger..........the original Faithfull and Discrete Slave.

HappyDad

• ninja
    ninja

Her name isn't Rose Ball by any chance?

• Kaput
    Kaput

A hanging picture of Russell in the home of Rose Ball. Talk about innuendo.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Talk about innuendo.

Italian Preperation H.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a 32 I thought spiritual and religious, where good qualities. The longer you live you start to see that having those qualities make one wacky.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Russell traveled and got to know many first generation Students and Witnesses. I knew a lot of old timers who had snapshots of him. He may have known your grandparents or their relatives. ~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit