What Subject Did You HATE Hearing About At The Meetings?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• vomit
    vomit

Can somebody tell me why they elders/servants would always give the school masturbation talks to 14/15 yo boys?

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

"Teenagers, you should not masturbate! You're not allowed to have any sexual desire whatsoever."

I'm male, and the "Wives be in subjection" still makes me angry. It's despicable.

Thankfully my freinds have kept thier senses and wear revealing things....

• minimus
    minimus

DO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    The speaker was ranting on about the evils of the song "Mack the knife" . Sheesh, that song was from 1962. So what it was about a hired killer, it's just a song, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. My kids were teenagers at the time, and could frreakin care less about "Mack the knife' as they never even heard of it. They listened to Joy Division and The Cure. We all had a good laugh about it afterwords. They promised never to listen to "Mack the Knife"

So funny

An elder in our old hall would go on rants about the evils of "The Beatles".

This was during the mid 1980's.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Being out for so long I had forgotten these stupid topics. They make me laugh now, but they made me cringe then.

One thing always struck me as funny when it came to wifely submission (please note that the Biblical teaching is submission, which is voluntary, as opposed to subjection, which is imposed) was preceeded in the Ephesians by husbands loving their wives, as Christ loved the congregation (or church). This love was examplified by Him willingly laying down his life for the church. I do not recall ever hearing a talk, or reading a WT that dealt with that scripture in depth. According to Pauline theology, wifely submission can only follow when a husband demonstrates that he would give his very life for her.

• Sassy
    Sassy

how about the one about us being not in the final hour.. but the final seconds before the clock strikes 12! That was how they hold on to them to stay brainwashed!

Hold on just a little longer.. we're almost there!!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    According to Pauline theology, wifely submission can only follow when a husband demonstrates that he would give his very life for her.

I can't agree with this. I believe my husband would lay down his life for me,

but I am not in submission, or subjection to him. We are partners.

I would give my life for my husband, does this mean he is in submission to me?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The prophecies on Rev, Ezekial, Isaiah, the ones where they looked and sounded as if they were guessing

CAN YOU DO MORE TALKS

The DC Insert was always a bore, eat where we tell you, stay at this hotel so our non-working Bethelites can get free rooms no matter how much it costs you or if it is clean or not.

Service Meeting, same ole same ole

Many speakers just should not be up there period.

abr

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Ok, they started doing this in the last 4 or 5 years, but you know all the JW videos they produced?

Well once every month or so, there would be a part in the KM that said to watch the movie, and find the answers to the questions presented therein.

Naturally, half the congregation didn't watch it. And half of the half that did watch didn't get it, which left maybe 3 families to answer the questions.

I always felt like it was a super waste. When we watched movies in school, it was so we DIDN'T have to do actual work.

• minimus
    minimus

RICHIE-----I HATED THE VIDEOS!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit