What Subject Did You HATE Hearing About At The Meetings?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was bored to death when I had to listen to prophecy bullsh*t. Especially the Isaiah books!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Elders are the "glorious ones, " appointed by Holy Spirit, and worthy of double honor. All BS, of course. And I was one!

It's hard to sit through that when your experience with elders gives substantial evidence that they are far from being all - or any - of the above.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Anything having to do with sex or marriage.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I hated hearing about "bad association".....How bad "worldly people are".....

• jambon1
    jambon1

Willies and vaginas. Embarassing.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    was bored to death when I had to listen to prophecy bullsh*t. Especially the Isaiah books!

Oh totally minimus - I just used to switch off and admire the nearest butt!

I also used to hate when they would build up to naming and shaming a tv programme and it was always one I loved like X Files.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Being single all the time I was a jw, any family watchtower studies or public talks had little relevence to me, so I used to switch off mentally whenever there was one.

Minimus, did you find any public talks boring to give? I sure did, they must have been torture to listen to lol

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, certain speakers made me shut down regardless of the topic. I would even arrange to be out of town or stay home when they were scheduled.

With some topics, I would be sure to leave my coat (if it was cold) in the coat closet at the KH. I would shove my books into my purse (have a large purse, men, well, too bad) and walk towards the restroom making a quick move to get my coat and out the door. Being a "sister" has it advantages.

I finally just got ear buds and listened to my favorite music.

Blondie

• free2think
    free2think

I agree with you about the prophecies minimus, they were so boring. I also hated when they used to talk about material things, as afterwards people would always have a dig at me, just coz i like a few pairs of shoes. And when they used to go on and on about doing more, like enough already, I always felt so guilty after those meetings.

• ninja
    ninja

lots ...but that reminds me of going to one of my last circuit assemblies at Motherwell before I hit the eject button....it was a saturday afternoon and the football was on radio so I bought a portable FM radio with earphones and listened to the Rangers game ....a classic Homer Simpson moment....no one saw me except for my mrs who was none too pleased...at least it kept me awake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit