Low carb...............high protein diet

by vitty 37 Replies latest social physical

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

For me to lose some serious weight, I had to have my heart and mind into it. I'd work out twice a day and I cut my calories to about 1200 a day. I got so small my MIL thought that I was on drugs.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I lost 25 pounds on Adkins, and that was three years ago. I've kept it off by permanently changing my eating habits for life. I eat a modified low-carb diet now, meaning if I'm "naughty" one day, I watch what I eat the next! Even after my hysterectomy a year ago, I haven't gained weight. I was 127 lbs when I went into surgery, and this morning I was 128.5. I also do 50 sit ups and ride my stationary bicycle for 5 mins per morning.

Vitty, there's good low carb bread for toast and sandwiches made by Saralee, called "Delightful" with only 9 carbs per slice.

Low carb's easy. Just pay attention to what you're consuming, and balance your meals. I feel great eating this way, and I include fruit and vegetables.

And a big glass of Chardonnay, of course! That's good for ya, too!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If your Protien intake is too high,it will affect your kidneys..Don`t go crazy,Ladys!..Loseing a few pounds a week is good progress...OUTLAW

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

The proven way is exercise, both aerobic and weightlifting, in combination with watching how much, and what, you eat.

BA- Terse.

PS- Good Luck.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

B/A..Well said..I`ve been in the fitness industry for years..Decades actually..LOL!!..And Now..I live on a mountain,in the wilderness,pondering my exsistance..And..I like It!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    I sit on a mountain,in the wilderness,pondering my exsistance..And..I like It!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

I live very near the mountains, and wilderness, and I, too, ponder my existence. I have never worked in the fitness industry, although I've had offers to do so.

It sounds as if you enjoy both your location, and your work. I'm happy for you.

I enjoy hiking in the mountains here. It's always warmer here than where you call home.

BA- Fitness conscious.

PS- Here's to Wilderness, mountains, pondering existence, exercise, and enjoying life!

• vitty
    vitty

Thanks guys for your replies............

• bubble
    bubble

Hi just thought I'd let you know that I've recently joined Weightwatchers. You can basically eat whatever you like as long as you count the points value in the food. Easy for me as I'm a chocaholic and I always save a few points every day for some chocolate.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I once made a list of every diet I have ever tried. It was a long list. the result is that I got fatter and fatter...

now I am on a long-term diet (three year project part of a drug trial) and I have lost 75 pounds. What works for me? Just a simple balance of calories in - calories out. Carbs are vital, but it's the refined carbs that have the high calories and are death to weight loss. There are a lot of websites that can help you figure out how many calories to eat for your height, weight, BMI and so on. What works best for me also is a sort of Perricone diet. Whole grains in small amounts, lots of salad and veggies, about the same amount of protein as carbs, eat berries and walnuts and cantaloupe every day. Plus I have lots of little crutches like not eating for four hours after a meal, keeping a detailed record of everything I eat (that keeps self-deceit at bay), reading about nutrition every day, having friends to talk to about dieting, not eating carbs after lunch, etc. I have plans for eating out, eating at fast food restaurants, shopping. this is the most success I have ever had. I think the food diary is the most important aspect of the whole thing.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I lost alot of weight with Atkins and put it all back on, same with WeightWatchers and Clare has had similar results with Slimming World. It's obvious that if you lose the weight and then go back to eating shit, not exercising and drinking too much then you will stack the weight back on.

I'm just starting to get back into cycling to work, a 15 mile trip each way. I'm hoping that with that and a little less chocolate and beer and I will gradually have success.

At 5'9" and 210 I am carrying alot of extra weight at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit